Angina and bypass

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had a quadruple by pass 6 months ago. Walking almost everyday but finding it harder now the weather is colder. I was walking no problem but now find I am getting the same feeling top of chest and throat area . Which feels like the Angina I had before surgery . Is this normal . Can you get Anginafter surgery. Would be grateful for replies 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes Cold weather  does set off  Angina

​We finished our winter a month ago and boy did it make my angina play up, it was the coldest winter here in 50 years. I was in emergency up to 3 times a week sad

• Posted

I was told once I had my bypass I wouldn't get angina . I had 4 way bypass . I am now really scared in case I have it I don't know what I should be doing
    • Posted

hope you don't mind me popping in, but you obviously need a bit of advice

I have had two bypass surgeries,,hence my previous question.

You don't say how long ago you had it done.

What you should be doing, is enjoying life, now you have got it back. 

The obvious dont do's are smoking ,drinking copiously, and don't get

fat. What are you worrying about ????

fat. and stop worrying about it 

• Posted

just found you.. In winter when you are outdoors keep a nice thick scarf over your mouth ,that should do the trick..  Been there done thatcool

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.