Angiography Results Commentary

Posted , 4 users are following.

The following are the details of Angiography Report of my father:

Dominance: Right

LEFT MAIN CA: Normal

CIRCUMFLEX: Proximal circumflex artery with 70-80% tubular stenosis. First obtuse marginal with 50-60% discrete stenosis. Second obtuse marginal with 70% discrete stenosis.

RIGHT CA: Mid-right coronary artery with 99% diffuse stenosis, collateral present.

Final Diagnosis: 

THREE VESSEL CAD

EDP = 35 MMHG

ACUTE ANTERIOR WALL MI + BBB

The ECHO report shows EF of 30%.

Please comment about the above results?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'd love to help you but I don't understand any of that, except the term "stenosis" which as i understand it is a kink in an artery.    I have a slight renal stenosis and that's how I know the term.

Your father needs to ask his doctor to interpret these results and what they mean for prognosis and treatment.

• Posted

Yes, stenois is a kind of blockage. Your willingness to help is very encouraging.
  • Posted

What exactly do you want to know? Looks like your father needs at least some stents maybe even a bypass on the right coronary artery, he has coronary artery disease, 30% ejection fraction​ means heart failure, he's suffered a heart attack and this has caused bundle branch block.

He's not very well but it could be far worse smile 

• Posted

Thanks a lot Benny Blanco.

The heart attack was caused by the 100% blockage in LAD, which was successfully treated with angioplasty. 

I don't know why they did not treat Circumflex and Right CA. Next appointment is after one month.

You mentioned the word coronary heart disease. What is it? Is a stenois in Right CA more dangerous than a stenois in CIRCUMFLEX(Proximal circumflex artery)?

Thanks once again.

• Posted

They probably didnt treat the circumflex artery because it wasnt as narrow (stenotic) like the right artery and also the circumflex artery yet because its a branch off the main arteries and it goes around the heart itself..CAD means the arteries are not working properly and it can be lots if reasons (blockage due to plaque,narrowing(stenosis),hardening of arteries due to age ,smoking,drugs, bad eating habits, auto immune etc...looks like your pops needs about 5 more stents done and an EF if 30% suggests heart failing but take heart...My boyfriend EF is 15% and he teaches and exercise and he is doing great,he never had a heart attack..but I believe in the power of the mind" Where there is a will there is a way"...& once they fix those blockage in your dads heart....his Ejection fraction (pumping action of the Heart)..will increase.....from me to you your pops will be fine...ok...PS...make sure you tell the docs to refer your dad to Cardiac Rehab After wards...good luck ...Nicole M LPN..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.