Ankle and knee pain after hip replacement

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi I posted a few days ago on this, I got my right hip replace on Monday there so it's only 4 days, now I am experiencing pain in my ankle and some times my knee is that Normal or?

Thanks

Megan

X

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hello megan ,

yeah ... normal sweetheart ... just remember that you just had major surgery where your limb was brutally manipulated - (i have compared it with removing chicken leg) - a lot of twisting, pulling, dislocating , etc .... no wonder there are aches, pains and bruises - with 2nd THR I asked OS to be gentle with me this time and honestly, less discomfort and no bruising .....

when do you think you'll be discharged ?  

angel blessings

renee

• Posted

Hi renee

Thank-you started to get worried there it's mostly sore when I am lying in bed or sitting on a chair when walking it's fine. Am gonna get my left one down soon just don't know when just had my right one there.

They are hoping today I am just waiting for the doctor to come around, I've done stairs and that so I think they are happy with that smile.

Hope your well

Megan x

• Posted

Nice to hear from you Megan, I have been thinking about you!  I tell you when I sa the video on the surgery it got me!!  I wish you a speedy recovery but I dont think there is anything speedy about this recovery so one step, one day at a time. (They tell me I will probably go home the day after surgery)I cannot imagine. Good lcuk at home, we wait to hear from you xoxoxo
    • Posted

Hello Megan:

I had mine on done on Monday am & I was discharged before lunch on Tues.  Its probably a good thing that you are staying in the hospital as long as you are.  Why do you they keep you in the hospital for so long ?

I feel better when I am moving around, rather sitting on my lounge chair.  Sleeping has been a problem trying to get comfortable with all the precautions etc...

Good Luck with everything  biggrin

• Posted

Hi there aww thank-you I am absolutely fine, just hit a sprained ankle as well as a new hip. Yeah I am just taken each day as it comes

Megan x

• Posted

Hi there, that's great news.

They kept me in as I've more problems than just one hip I need to get my left one done too. I got home today sad new is that I have sprained my ankle.

Hope your well

Thanks

Megan x

• Posted

Hi megan.

I had oain in my knee and ankle that was due to the manipulation .

It has gone now at 14wks.

Happy healing xxx

• Posted

Hi there

Found out about a hour ago that I have sprained it and I don't know how lol. How your recovery going? X

• Posted

Hi Megan,

Welcome to the other side ??

Oh goodness yes I had that too. I'm 7 weeks post op today and still have twinges and the swelling in my knee is quite persistent!!!

Take care

Jacqui xx

• Posted

Hi there

Thank-you I just found out about a hour ago that I sprained it and I don't know how lol . How has your recovery been?

Megan X

• Posted

Yes me too,  very early days, you will ache in all sorts of places!  Take all the medication you are prescribed at first and rest. 

I binge watched House of Cards on Netflicks !  Even reading at first is difficult, mind fog!

Healing Fairy Dust coming your way!  🌟💫

• Posted

I found out about a hour ago that I have sprained it I don't know how lol.

Thanks

Megan x

• Posted

Hello! Welcome to this great group! I noticed knee pain a few days after I got home from hospital. I was freaked out but my therapist explained to me about all the things that are being done while having the thr and said this was normal. It's slowly going away. I am at 11 days in today. It hurts e every now and then.

• Posted

Hi Linda

Glad your getting on the melt and getting there.

Wish you all the best

Megan x

• Posted

Same to you Megan! Today went outside was ok. Then we did some standing exercises!! ouch! ?? Those really hurt. Bit pain went away after pt had me sit & rest!! ?? Wishing you the best!! ????

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.