Ankle pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi. I had my TNR 5.3.15 with all the usual problems, but went back to work at the end of July full time. I can do most things normally but recently ive been getting horrendous ankle pain which feels better if I elevate my leg also a fluidy fat foot lol. Any suggestions, or has anyone else had it???

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

You need to elevate, all the fluid from you knee is going to your foot. 
  • Posted

I get a painful ankle, but I think that mine is caused because I can't fully straighten the knee and so extra pressure is concentrated on my foot.  I, unfortunately have quite chunky legs, but small feet and (apparently) small joints!
  • Posted

ankle pain would be due to the way your foot meets the ground you may not be walking properly it happened to me after my revision it was soo painfull it just would not ease off the physio told me its the way your walking or rather thae way your not walking i found to relieve the pain sit on chair /bed with your legs on the bed or on a stool with your ankles over the back of it and push your toes back and forward and around in circles and anti clock wise it stretches the ligaments around your ankle .now also you need to watch how you walk crazy isnt it we have to learn how to walk all over again heel and toe  ,also i stood at the back of a chair and rose of the heels up and down it stretches the calf which can cause the ankle pain do it 10 times x3 slowly elevate after for the fluid to drain
    • Posted

It could well be something to do with my walking because yest my hubby said I still walk with a limp but I didnt realise I did!!
    • Posted

yep i was the same my hubby used to say that to me weird we dont realise it ourselves but what i think is when you get this op you develope a way to walk so you have to make sure you start to walk properly it will be difficult to begin with but with your hubbys help you will see a difference make sure he tells you each time you do it best of luck
    • Posted

You make a lot of sense linda cos ive had backache and I bet its all related??? Will def try to improve my walking and it will be int to see how things pan out??
  • Posted

I have this too.  Have just returned from a shopping trip, first time out without my stick since op on 24th March............scarey......but I did it.  I know I walk a bit funny, one minute I seem to be walking normally and the next minute I walk a bit stiffly. I so long for the day when I can walk without thinking about it, but I'm definitely making progress.  I sit with my ankles up on a foot stll and try and rotate them round and round - I also use an ice pack (bag of peas!) of them.
  • Posted

Hello Mate - do you think it could have something to do with all that wine you've been consuming now you're feeling better!!! Ha ha 😂😘😘😂😘
    • Posted

Yehhhh Clarkey how the hell are ya lol. No its not caused by the wine but you've given me an idea for forgetting about it lol lol
    • Posted

Only to happy to help!!! Seriously though do you think it could be because you're back at work and not exercising as much? I feel like I've gone backwards since going back to work - my knee has been very stiff and it's been uncomfortable to sleep and going up and down the stairs. I'm in Jersey at the moment and dine shed loads of walking and my knee feels a million times better so I now think mine was lack of movement. 😁😁
    • Posted

I think that you're right.  I struggled with both of mine after returning to work - sitting at a desk all day at home.  You get caught on a problem or conference call and an hour goes buy.  In some ways, I would have been better actually going out to an office, at least I would have got more exercise.  Instead, I just got stiffer and stiffer, my knees both got more bent and ?I had to have MUAs...and now have to have a further Op on my last knee a year on!
    • Posted

That sounds horrible. I was told to exercise ever hour but that's easier said than done!! Hope everything goes well for you. Xx
    • Posted

Hi Clarkey couldnt reply last night the site wouldnt let me on ha ha but yes I think it could be worse with starting back at work because its been horrendous at night!!! Im just waiting for physio so gonna ask the questions. Glad your having a hol and I hope your enjoying it x x
    • Posted

Hek patsy thats bad im trying to walk about as much as I can and im now bak up and down ladders this week retrieving notes so im hoping that will help and not hinder!!!!
    • Posted

Hey Andrea at least you've got an appointment with your physio. It's so frustrating but hopefully you will get some andwers. Holiday is good thanks. Xx
    • Posted

You're doing very well Andrea.  I'm just about brave enough to stand in a two-step stool, I certainly couldn't manage a ladder (and carry stuff as well).  I'm sure that I'll get there in the end with this one, but it's certainly sapped my strength and energy over the past year!
    • Posted

Thank you patsy I suppose in a way I am doing well but the NHS take no prisoners lol uve to be able to do your job and thats it!!! I must admit most days im ab worn out but itl pass hopefully???? I get a lot of funny pains but the physio says it because I cant exercise as often??? I hope yours gets better and ur able to do more as well x x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.