Annoyed Tramadol a now Controlled Drug

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi guy,s i am james from lincoln uk. been on tramadol since 2007, had a stroke andother problems never had a problem getting my tramadol///// then last few years, doctor said ohh i know in london you can get £10 for them//// then more and more question,s stroke in 2012 at 41 failed lumber puncture severe pain, no problems still tramadol THEN IT,S A CONTROLLED DRUG  since then it,s been hell with the doctor, to receptionist,s look at you diffirent , so they kept cutting me down then made to feel your on a controlled drug the respect went i was made to feel like i was scoring or when i would collect sign the box controlled drug..... just ranting when i was low i would buy some more now easyier to buy illigeal drug,s

and cut down again.....has anyone else been here

thanks xx

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi James

I

Know exactly where you're coming from I am on tramadol last time I went into the chemist to collect my prescription I was made to feel like I was a junkie waiting for a fix. The lady at the counter said we were just talking about you. You do realise this is a controlled class A Drug your on. You will have to sign this box... I was embarrassed as shop full of customers. But I did say to her this is between me & my GP and I have them for chronic pain. Not looking forward to the next prescription... What happens if you have to travel with them??

• Posted

i know exactly where your comeing from infact a junkie would get treated better i am cut so far down in pain and lost my son identical twin of 17 in a housefire 3 days before x mass so more pain, makes me angry

used to get a box of 100 no fuss what so ever now it,s like a hat on ur head saying i take drugs keep in touch i am james taylor of lincoln

facebook james james taylor nice to know i am not alone 

• Posted

Hi James so sorry to hear about the loss of your son 😢 I really feel for you no parent should go through this. I hope you find some comfort from good memories of him. You will never get over it, but you will learn to live with it. Take care 😪😪
  • Posted

I take slow release tramdol 24 hour pain killers ive never had any problems with my gp or the pharmacy i do mine over the phone with the prescription was on normal tramdol for over a year same no problems 
  • Posted

Hi I'm gaz from Leeds I'm 33 I've bin hooked on tramadol around 5 years maybe abit longer I got hooked through severe back pain I've had 2 injections for that.

I went to rehab and got off them that was the most embarrassing thing I've ever had to do I got off them totally for a couple of months but due to problems in life I turned back to them getting my self high as kite day in and day out until my body started to depend on them again. Now I get a monthly prescription from my doctor but only dihydrocodeines god knows why the doctor thinks there ok there worse than tramadol I also buy off a friend once a month usually 200 a month he gets and 100 solpadols a month off another friend aka not real friends just guys who need the cash.

I'm not ashamed to say Im a addict when I get my mind set to go back to rehab I will but at the moment I'm very low and they get me through the day sometimes a part of me says maybe I'll get lucky and take too many and not wake up.

Tramadol & dihydrocodeines are the devils work there just as bad as heroin

• Posted

i am too i cant come of them at all cant buy them anymore either

add me as a mate james taylor taylor stood with my twins of which one i lost in dec, thanks for being honest

james taylor

• Posted

the doctors get us on this stuff get us hooked like a fish, then pull it away i think it,s wrong i bought from a lisenced pharmacy in india that where the same supply to the NHS,,,,, they stopped that tooooo and wonder why people get depresssed or turn to drink or illegal drugs....

rant over

• Posted

Change your doctor tell them you want to get off but need to do it slowly ask them to give you the recommended amount 8 a day so your not in pain and try go to rehab. That's if your ready.

Your doctor can't stop your taking them altogether that's dangerous they got to wean you off them

• Posted

Hi Gareth

Thanks for your honesty looks like we are all here with similar stories. I just wanted to ask I am due to have the epidural steroid injections is that what you had? Please tell me they have you some relief?

• Posted

everyone one is diffirent, i had the all i can call was attempt at hallamshire sheffeild they tried 11 time,s finally my nurse said stop he is my patient he cant go through more she kept saying i have done hundredss.i can do this to not loose face infront of others i was treted like a lump of meat,,,,so they could not do it said will have to be done under x ray doped me up but a bandage on me but me in a taxi to train then back to lincoln with 3 changes would get better treatment in a vet,s

i blame the doctor,s

• Posted

Hi Lisa yes the give you pain relief it's a very uncomfortable feeling over in seconds but not painful
    • Posted

gareth sorry if i get your name wrong or spelling it,s the stroke,s my excuse lol i agree they are the devils work...is there a substitute??

do you still use????

regards

james taylor

• Posted

Yes I still use about 20 a day tramadol or dihydrocodeines or solpadols I went a couple of days last week cold turkey it was not a good experience. There is no substitute only subitec what rehab give you to help with the pain coming off them
    • Posted

hiya mate do you get these all ok on script or another way as my doctors are now not happy giving me in asthma inhaler i think it,s all about thhe

money keep in touch

• Posted

My doctor is fine giving me inhalers I've had them all my life.

My advice to you pal go see your joke of a doctor or try change doctors. Tell them your addicted to tramadol they will by law give you 8 tablets to take per day to keep from having withdraw symptoms that can actually kill if you cold turkey don't take the p*ss and take them in a couple of days you'll probably get 50 space them out try 5 a day wait till the pain is really bad and get yaself in rehab if it's hard for you to get hold of them that frustration ain't worth it . Go to rehab my Friend it's harder for me cos I can get a supply of them or other painkillers just as from atleast 4 different places so I've always got them. When I'm ready I'll go bk to rehab if I cold turkey now with my mental state I'd seriously top myself that is a fact

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.