annoying demroid cysts-loosing my religion.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Title sounds funny but I've had that song stuck in my head. Anywho, I'm 23 years old and I have demroid cysts & endometriosis, mild depression and anxiety. I refuse to take my prescribed lexapro bc I'm scared to feel dead inside.

Cysts started at age 21. I've had going on 4 surgeries in the last 2 years. Laparoscopic ovarian cysts removal but they keep coming back as soon as 5 months. My last surgery was in June and I'm back with 5 cm cysts on both sides.

What am I going to do. My doctor wants take it all out. Ovaries and uterus. He says this pain will only get worse as I grow older. I just don't want to but I'm tired of being sick. I'm tired of surgeries. I'm just so young. He also basically said I can't have kids. It doesn't bother me since I don't even like them, I really wasn't planning on having any. It's the choice that was taken from me, that upsets me.

Is there any other treatment for cysts? I can live with endometriosis but these damn cysts no. I can't exercise bc then it really hurts. I just want to be okay. Is there treatment?

He wants to take part of my ovaries. Just the part close to the cysts. Eventually wants to take everything out of me. I won't let him. I can't. Does anyone know what happens if only part of your ovary is removed ?

HELP GIVE ME ALL YOUR KNOWLEDGE PEOPLE OF THE INTERNET.

Thanks, hope you're all okay smile

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

So sorry to hear that you are having such a horrendous time and especially when you are in your 20-s.

I am 41 and only in the past 3 years had difficulty with cysts and endometriosis, but can understand how you feel. So far I've had 2 cyst rupture and in January I'm in for surgery to remove a complex cyst. All of it can drag you down. I've always been positive, but recently the constant pain is exhausting!!

Is there any way you can get a second opinion? It seems extreme to remove everything at such a young age? I would be seeking other Dr's opinions to get a better understanding. Also I was told to have the mirena coil which has helped a lot.

The very best of luck xx

• Posted

I agree with other response about getting a second opinion as it is such a drastic step to take. You may change your mind about wanting children at a later stage. Is freezing eggs for future ivf a possibility? Good luck. 
  • Posted

well i had part of my left ovary removed plus half my fallopian tube.then went back and got the whole ovary out then both my tubes.now theirs more cysts on my right one and probably have to get that one out.i know how it feels to be in pain, i didnt go into menopause but eventually i will with this last surgery ive had 4 as well. he tried birth control pills to see if that will decrease the cysts but it didnt work, it might work for you though
  • Posted

I think you should get a 2nd and even third opinion before you decide. Different surgeons have different methods of treating these things and you are a bit young to consider having everything removed yet. Partial removal will simply mean the other ovary takes over for awhile until healing's taken place then the bad one should kick in again You could have recurrances, have you asked about polycystic ovary syndrome? Could be that.

• Posted

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for the responses. While I'm very sad to hear ya'll have been going through similar experiences it's nice to know I'm not alone. I really hadn't met anyone who knows this pain.

I definitely hear you ladies. I want a second opinion definitely. For now, I think I'm going through the operation but only to drain cysts. Leave everything else alone. That will hopefully buy me some time to get an appointment with another doctor. I've been calling and of course the next available appointment with

• Posted

Accidently pressed send!

Another gynochologist is not for a couple months and I can't keep at it with this pain. I will look into suggestions. Thanks so much for the support!

Xx Iris.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.