Another appt with consultant

Posted , 4 users are following.

If am off to the hospital again to see the Consultant this is a follow up from my endoscopy back in June! Let's see what he says when I tell him I an still taking up to eight imodium and four Colesevlam a day! Who would have thought this would still be happening three and a half years after my GB was removed!!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Sandynan am so sorry your still suffering. Did you try the psyllium husk a
  • Posted

Did you try the psyllium husk and calcium at all? I couldn't take the bile binders or Imodium and found the psyllium and calcium worked a lot better for me. Thankfully I've been able to reduce the dosage recently too. Good luck with the doctor. Hope you get some answers. Let me know how you get on. Take care x
  • Posted

Hi Sandynan!  Sory your still having trouble after so long. What was the result of the endoscopey? Have you had a colunoscopey? I'm doing quite well now, and can eat almost anything. although, have gone on to full skimmed milk instead of semi skimmed as the semi skimmed was making me feel nausious. Also, i've got to watch and not have too much gravy with a meal.  Hope things improve with you soon. please let me know.  Val.
    • Posted

Hi Valerie glad your feeling better now love. The Consultant is passing me on to the very first consultant I saw when all this started!!! I am so angry I can hardly breathe! He is now saying the Omprazole is causing the diahorea which is rubbish because I haven't always taken them! It's all guess work all the time!
    • Posted

I'm so sorry to hear this sandynan. Have you had a sechat test to confirm bsm? If not you should demand one. Did the consultant not tell you before that you had bsm? Omeprazole can cause diarrhea in some people but I don't think to the extent you have it. Stop taking it altogether anyway as unless you have gastritis or reflux disease you shouldn't be on it long term. Would you ask your gp to send you to a new gi doctor for another opinion? No point in going back to the first person if they didn't help you. I really hope someone can help you soon. Thinking of you. Take care xx
    • Posted

Hi Ace, thank you xxx All he could say I should be on Questran which I couldn't stomache and with a vomiting phobia it's not good! They just dont listen! I take Omprazole because of Acid Reflux I was on Pantropazole for years and now he say I shouldn't be taking Omprazole but should be taking Zantac which I was taking before my GB removal but the doctor took them off me saying they weren't good long term! I am just so fed up and at the end of my tether with it all. I have never been tested for a diagnosis the Consultant before this one today said he thought it was as I have all the symptoms of it, I really think it's because I'm 70 they dont give a damn! I am going to my doctors next week and see what he says about the Zantac and about me seeing yet another consultant. I will post on here what happens. xxxx

• Posted

Oh sandynan you poor poor thing. What is it with these doctors and questran!! I was also nearly bullied into taking it and it did make me vomit and made my diarrhea worse. Demand a sechat test and get your husband to go with you to the doctor. They don't like that!! It shouldn't matter what age you are. It's all about quality of life. I was in hospital with a nun who had a kidney problem and was on dialysis 3 times a week. She was on the transplant list but didn't think it would happen as she had cancer last year. Just heard the other day she had the transplant and is doing well and she's 73!! I have some idea what your going through as had ulcerative colitis 22 years ago and spent the day in the toilet 30-40 times a day. It's no way to be living. I always put it back on the doctors and ask them how would they like to be living like this. You should not be left like this. It's disgraceful. Good luck next week and let me know how it goes. Will be thinking of you. Take care. Xx
    • Posted

I forgot to tell you that I take Colesevelam as a bile binder? I told the Consultant and he had to look it up he had never heard of it!? If he had been a young person I could have understood it but he wasn't! I am at a loss Ace but yes I will ask about that test and see what happens thank you so much I will be in touch soon xxx

• Posted

Be interested to hear as well what consultant says also.

​I too had mine out about 3 years ago and just yesterday I ate a jacket potato with chilli in town and virtually had to run back to the office to find a toilet only 10 minutes later!

​Don't think I'm as bad as you but some things go through me like those colon cleaners you have to take before colonscopy!! :-)

I do suffer from jabbing pain occassionally down my right side as well.

Good luck with your visit.

Steve.

• Posted

Hi Steve I am like that all the time love every meal 15 minutes and I am rushing to the bathroom, I might as well cut out the middle man and just put it down the loo lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.