Another major Trauma to my already damaged body

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi All well the bad news is that on Friday the 10th I was at work and five minutes from my destination stopped behind a BMW X5 4x4 vehicle indicating to turn right when I was his at speed from behind from I believe another BMW yet to be sent information from the full accident from the police but in post to me so to say I am physically damaged again is unreal broke some ribs multiple internal bleeding bad bruises all down left side from seatbelt locking to front of my stomach from airbag casing and huge gouge out of left first finger from the same went Dr yesterday but not my own to see first hand all the damage and to get my right knee checked as took a big impact grazed and massively bruised full of fluid which says will take 2-3 weeks to settle hot but felt not infected go nurse tomorrow to check on finger so will review knee again with her. Spoke with my pain rehab OT and she advised this is a whole new trauma to the body and it has got to be given time to settle alongside original fibromyalgia already underlying but of course will be getting major flare up from this event but lucky to be alive and semi mobile but avoiding trying to sneeze or cough as ribs so tender. Just thought you would welcome knowing this feeling in agony and weak as trying to carry on as normal and now catching up with me back really sore today and getting recurring headaches and floaters in the eyes nice bump from headrest to back of my head too but out of hospital same afternoon. A very bruised grazed and sore Julia

3 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh gosh how awful! Sending big hugs for your recovery... Try and stay in a positive mindset and let your body heal in its own time x
  • Posted

Big hugs coming to you bless you. Your body will need time to recover from your accident, if thats not enough to contend with fibro will throw in a flare up for good measure.I have noticed since having fibro that if I am ill with something fibro makes it 100x worse, and it takes ages to recover.. nasty horrid fibro.All you can do hun is rest plenty and plenty of sleep if your able to. just take each day as it comes. thinking of you take care xsmile
    • Posted

Hi Kaz sorry to have to report of little recovery feel getting worse than better have had to purchase my own crutches and walking sticks to use because in absolute agony with my shoulders, back, hips, knees and feet.  Still no energy constantly tired and never refreshed.  Had GP last Tuesday check back over but said just fibro upped my antidepressant sertraline to 100mg said could max to 150 but know no happiness with these either and prescribed some Imodium for chronic stomach rages and diarhoea which is beyond a joke everyday will make me a prisoner in my own home because I don't need or want this.  Accident has left me feeling very vulnerable both as driver and pedestrian have become very jumpy and frightened.  Did get a call offering me PIP assessment at short notice in Torquay but had to decline as had car problems plus not well enough to go out of Exeter where I know plus it was day I am committed to job club and signing day too so still got this to come of course they have no knowledge of the accident so will be taking police papers along to update them when appointment comes.  Have done paperwork for boys to get free school meals did not want too as then I lose control of youngest sons diet and we have paediatrician 21 September and with the holiday pleasing himself still awaiting psychologist appointment for myself and child mental health appointment on waiting list for for this son.  Have started getting Xmas sorted as all I could do is commit to sleep all the time but being grit breadwinner don't know how we would manage if can't continue to work.  Gentle hugs night night all Julia
    • Posted

Oh Julia 54537 My heart goes out to you it really does. Looks well when you had to purchase your own aids. surely dr could of got you those or refered you to some one that good. I know when your on alow wage you get working tax credit. If your not able to work theirs pip and esa. you would have to look into what you are able to claim. Im not up on benefits as things keep changing all the time. when we are ill or like you have an accident fibro makes everything 10x worse and Ive found it takes me longer to get over things since having fibro.I know we like to be in control of our childrens diet, but at least you can still do that at home. I think most schools now a days have to have amenu where theirs a balanced diet healthy options. I can understand how your feeling both as a driver and passenger in a car, I have been involved in 2 minor accident that was bad enough. I am very nervous travelling in a car, so I understand where your coming from. I take imodium also when I get worried or upset it makes the ibs worse.I would write things down so you dont forget anything when you go to any appointments and when you see pip. You could ask for a home visit where pip is concerned. I had my assesment with pip done at home. Explaine your circumstances they should come out, and have some one with you on the day. The assesment took 1hr.I would also tell gp your struggling see what help they can get you. here for you ake care big hug coming to you x 
  • Posted

Hi Julia. So sorry to hear about your accident. Just take it easy and rest. Please keep moving though otherwise you will stiffened up completely.

I had a car accident in 2009 and that's what I was told to do.

Take care and very gentle hugs.

• Posted

Hi Julia I had a car accident a few years back my son was in the car, it wasnt as bad as your yours but it didnt half shake me up and jar my neck. my poor son was in a right state.  we were checked out came out the same day. very frightening so know how your feeling. thinking of you gentle hugs coming your way xx
  • Posted

Hiya Julia

ghosh hun this is terrible and my heart goes out to you im sending loveing and healing payers to you

best wishes  Cherl

• Posted

Hi Julia this is so bad and im so sorry for you having to go through this, take it easy and allow your body to heal, Arnica cream,and tablets may help with internal and external bruising too. look them up on google.

Wishing you a very speedy as possible recovery both menataly and physically, poor you.

Hugs Sue x

• Posted

oh my gosh, that's horrid for you Julia.  Take heart that at least you're alive and didnt suffer head trauma etc.  Poor you.  Do try a nice warm bath with Epsom Salts - fantastic for bruising and impact trauma.  Gentle hugs.xx
  • Posted

Julia, you have my sympathies to...  I had a terrible MVA years ago and can understand fully.   Take it very easy, rest up heaps.  All the best to you for a speedy recovery! ... keep us all posted.  Gentle healing hug... :-)
  • Posted

Hi Julia

Bless you! Gentle hugs and wishes for a speedy recovery. 

Stay calm and positive and deal with a day at a time. wink x

• Posted

Hi Julia Just wondered how you were ? and hows things with you. Hows the recovery from your accident going? take good care of yourself gentle hugs kazsmile
    • Posted

Hi Kaz still very sore and bruised went back and saw my own GP Monday as the pain in my ribs was so unbearable and struggling to get any quality sleep gave me some 400mg ibuprofen to take three times a day but only managing twice a day with work commitments as had to keep working regardless of accident as cut my Jobseeker's Allowance and beginning of the week informed me of withdrawal if entitlement because earnings over what is needed to live on about £75 a week an absolute joke and I have two children to solely maintain and feed to say I am far from amused is an understatement I have been trying to go for other work but going to be impossible with visible disability I have mobility Tuesday for alternative orthotic wrist appliance to that furnished with so will see what the advise for recovery from this further trauma.  Now we have broken up will be nice to recharge my batteries as feeling really tired this week still waiting accident report more yo worry about and can't even contemplate a personal injury claim due to stress this involves and already been there before I need to see how these injuries fully heal as yet to get any relief went into town with my son today but overdid it and really hurting plus have sneezed about 5 times and that was further agony knee still very swollen too and itchy as well as sore.  No saying how long recovery will be with the addition of Fibro flare ups and inflammation around the ribs and knee still no energy and back killing me but I am alive.  Thanks for thinking about me my boss and his wife went to collect the car and were amazed I survived the write off it was in but I sit on a gel cushion so this was a bonus for my already damaged coccyx with limited room below the steering wheel hence why my legs took most of the impact against pedals and steering column.  It will all take time but I drive for work so had to bite he bullet and continue after all was not my fault.  Gentle hugs to you.  Been volunteering too at our mobility centre tea bar very enjoyable but only travel expenses paid but this could be my only future.  Sign on again Wednesday so will be having words don't need money being stopped.  Take care. Julia
    • Posted

Hi Julia Oh hun you are going through it bless you wish I could wave a magic wand over you and us all. What are they playing at with your money. I would definitly have a word and also I would ring the CAB  for advice that cant be right what their doing with your money £75 their having a laugh.I feel for you being in soooo much pain having fibro is bad enough to contend with but having injuries on top too is imaginable. the fibro will definitly make things worse you might find as I have done. that since having fibro everything takes longer to get over.It sounds very much like you were lucky to come out of the accident with the injuries you got. it must of been a big impact bless you.I use a coccyx cushion inthe car I got it from ableworld as Im in alot of pain with my coccyx. Im on 600mg ibuprophen but they dont work for me for the fibro pain. so dont take them no more just relie on wheat bags hot water bottles. They want too hurry up with report so you can put in a claim. I really do hope prey that things start to pick up soon for you, youve been to hell back. remember we are here for you if ever you want to off load and have a rant. take care big hug coming to you x  
  • Posted

Hi Julia.

Sorry to hear of all your problems.

I am sure the dwp think that we can pay everything on £75 per week, including rent/mortgage, food and other bills. I'd like to see members of the government survive on £75 per week.

Sorry for that rant, needed to get it off my chest, as I was taken off essa because they said I didn't qualify for it.

I hope you soon feel better and that you manage to put in a claim for personnel injury, I know that is stressful as I have been there myself. My insurance company did everything. I just needed to attend a medical.

Keep safe and rest as much as possible, but keep moving as well otherwise you will stiffen up completely.

Take care and gentle hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.