Another step back!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hoping to get an appointment for the doctors today, last night my legs both swelled up, were hot to touch and had red blotches.  I am not too sure if it Cellulitis back again but this time on both legs.   Could this have been the time I spent sitting and working on the computer? or the hot weather?  being safe going to see about it if I can get an appointment...will hold on phone from 8.30 onwards...

Had cellulitis  on the lower TKR leg for three weeks after coming home from hospital, two lots of antibiotics to clear it. Now 18weeks PO.....fingers crossed.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Oh hell hazel thats all ya need let us no how you go on??? Its one step forward and one step back.
    • Posted

Managed to get an appointment for 4.20 this afternoon with the doc who I wanted to see anyway. H10 days ago had a liver scan because my meds had messed up a blood test, I am a T2 diabetic so will get the result as well.  The TKR dance never stops!
  • Posted

Hope you get this one handled in a hurry. Any Kind of rash or itch is bad enough but to compound it with hot humid weather is something no one needs. I had a little flare up right after surgery last week and got started on benadryl for a few days. It turned out to be double blessing. Relief from the itch and let me rest better. Best of luck on the relief and quickly as well.
    • Posted

Thanks OFG,  I think it might be due to hot weather, its cooler this morning and typically, if seeing a Doc...  the rash has died down but legs still a little swollen.  Fingers crossed.XX
  • Posted

Just looked at your post at 4.20! so you should be waiting to see the doc now.  good luck, and I hope it's just a heat rash or something easy to put right.  Anything like that is so worrying so Im glad you are seeing the doc today!  Let us know what he/she says!

• Posted

Well..I arrived at the Doctors,...surgery was FULL..? I live in a village with a small surgery.....was told the .computers were  down this morning which is why I had to wait 35 mins on the phone and got an appointment today!  Problem, the surgery who made it is the big one and all the appointments were double booked......so I offered to go back in the morning as would have had an hours wait...I would have waited but hubby was sat in the car.....................eek  Then I went to the chemist to collect my prescription which I should have picked up Thursday...luckily I had enough tabs left until tomorrow.....prescription never sent over from Doctors....so they had to ring the surgery and get permission  to dispense my meds....  computers!!!!! or finger problems?
    • Posted

Oh dear, the best laid plans of mice and men  oft go astray . . .  Have to say that would be fairly normal for the doctor's surgery over here. . .usually wait hour and ahalf to two hours, but if you aren't there on time you lose your appointment!  Hope the swelling and rash are getting better not worse???

• Posted

And to cap it all, just broke a nail trying to open a pistachio nut!
  • Posted

Went to the doctors, had a good chat, going for another more involved liver blood test just to be safe... then chatted about the swelling and rash.  It was probably a heat rash as I don't do summer well at all.  Discussed my using Bio oil and she talked me out of it as the oil dries quick and does not penitrate the skin layers so has prescribed a  ' doublebase gel, Isopropyl mystrate 15% w/w liquid paraffin 15% which is a highly moisturising and protective hydrating gel for regular and frequent use in the management of dry or chapped skin conditions which may be ichy or inflamed'  'other ingredients - Grycerol, Carbomer, Sorbitan Laurate, Trethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol  and purified water.   as I had not used the bio oil since Sunday as I didn't know if that was the problem but been using it since staples were removed....my skin is now very dry...can use it 2 or 3 times a day.  I also have to elevate my legs as much as possible..seeing her again in 10 days.

We shall see.rolleyes

• Posted

Glad it wasn't celluitis again!  At least the nail will grow again!  I lost all my nails a few years ago . . they just dropped off one by one, feet included, but they grew back again!
    • Posted

Yehhhhhb hazel good to no it wasnt anything too serious!!!! Fancy bio oil not being that good!!!!! Funny my friend who has the most gorgeous skin reckons its rubbish she uses aveeno oatmeal cream lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.