Anterior ureitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Approximately how long until this clears up? Left eye still cloudy after 8 weeks of steroid and antibiotic

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry but it is a 'how long is a piece of string' sort of question.

It depends on the cause.  I assumed you meant uveitis.  Mine flares up & dies down & sometimes rebounds [when I taper the sterroids].  I've had it for 30 plus years.

The best person to ask, is your Ophthalmologist.  Good luck

• Posted

Thank you Mrsmop. Yes I meant Uveitis; this is my third time but taking longer to clear up, its the pounding behind the eye I can't take, not able to take strong painkilkers due to other medication
    • Posted

Do you use mydriatic eye drops too?  They prescribe them for me because they help with the pain.  They dilate the pupils.  I use Cyclopentolate 1%.  There is also Atropine.

I also use preservative free drops because I was told years ago, that the preservatives were causing problems too.

You can also get a flare, due to tapering, you reduce the drops as instructed, then you get to a certainlevel & boom!  It rebounds & you're back to square one!  Then you have to taper very very slowly.

Again, years ago, they told me I would probably have to be on a maintenance dose for life.  [But, I have had this for a very long time]

I seldom have to take oral painkillers for my Iritis/Uveitis. The Cyclopentolate helps a lot.

• Posted

Yes I use Cyclopentolate 1% too; also Maxidex 0.1%. Have to put up with headache because use computer at work but stops me enjoying reading and TV, as eye so tired by end of the day
    • Posted

You should ask for Dexamethasone preservative free drops, instead of the Maxidex [same drug but with preservatives]

I used to use Minims but the last lot were Moorfields own brand.

Screens,  I would guess you also have dry eyes, do you use an ocular lubricant?  I have been using Hyabak drops for a couple of years now [instead of my previous drops] & also VitA-POS gel at night.  They may help you read etc again.

Tinted specs might help too, or a thing for your screen, the name currently escapes me!

• Posted

Thank you for your suggestions, very kind of you to reply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.