Antiinflamitory drugs and Eliquis

Posted , 10 users are following.

Can anyone out there give me a good alternative for plantar fasciitis pain . Eliquis limits most options and Tikosyn is also limiting .Tylenol doesn't help .Cortisone injections are out because they react with Tikosyn. Help ! Thanks! Didi

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I believe the only pain killer you can take while you are on blood thinners is tylenol.
  • Posted

Yeah - stay off your foot and use super absorbent heel pads if you must walk. Soak foot in epsom salt when possible and give it some time to heal itself - maybe 2 weeks. Its a nasty injury and is in a place whereliterally tons of weight continue to regularly prevent healing.  
    • Posted

Thanks Frank ! Epsom salts - great idea ! Staying off foot - can't do it ! Wish I could but I have 2 dogs and just can't be sedentary.

Am awaiting great ( hopefully) orthotics in 3 weeks .

Thank you for great reply ! Didi

• Posted

Hi Deirdre 

my husband suffered with this for quite a while. When it was really bad he applied anti-inflammatory ibuprofen gel. (Ok to use this)

we bought him some gel inner soles for his shoes. Also every evening he would sit and roll the bottom of his feet back and forth over a rolling pin! (No longer in normal use, I might add!)

hope this helps. 

• Posted

Orthotics do the trick. My sister has had the same thing for years and she is fine while using her rx insoles and shoes with good arch support.
  • Posted

I have been suffering with the same thing in both feet the past few weeks have resorted to some orthotics (in soles) the relief is remarkable I also put hot and cold compress and roll foot backwards and forwards on a ball.

hope that helps.

L.

• Posted

I am waiting for orthotics to be made (3 weeks) . I roll on roll bar in am but still the pain is pretty bad during rest of time . Am so limited on any kind of pain relief it's disheartening!!

Thanks for kind reply!! Didi

• Posted

like you I am limited with pain relief and can only tolerate 500mg of paracetamol now and again, Frank's idea of Epsom salts is great I know when I was a kid my mum used to use alka setlzer.

have you tried putting pain relief on the outside like Voltorol it helps a bit.

L.

• Posted

Thanks Linda ! I will investigate both !! I'm ready to try anything !!??

• Posted

Why dont' you stretch your calves, shins and the bottom of your feet. This REALLY HELPS. 

• Posted

A great pad to get for your shoes is from a sports store where they sell those things for athletes who play football (in America called soccer).  They are super absorbent and are specifically for plantar fasciitis. Also If you know any athletes I am sure they'll have some good advice to help you along....but, time heals all wounds infortunately, especially plantar fasciitis.

Maybe you can ride your dogs when you go out for a walk - this way they can earn their keep cheesygrin

• Posted

Thanks Frank ! I did get the sports inserts but lo not much help . I have custom ones on order but in the meantime 😫😫😫

Thanks for great comments ! I appreciate your help - riding dogs - why didn't I think of that????

• Posted

A friend who was a retired policeman had it. He was still entitled to treatment at police physio centres and spent a week at one having an hour of physio, massage and exercises every day.

He was also shown how to improve his posture and gait and came home much improved and continued with exercises at home.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.