Anxiety?

Posted , 8 users are following.

It all happened two months ago, I had a huge spike because I have a relative with paranoid schizophrenia. Normally I just scoffed at the thought, never even to fathom the notion that I'd get it..

Although Ive been having really bad anxiety and intrusive thoughts everyday for two months. But being afraid about loosing your grip on logic and reasoning is frightening and disturbing nonetheless. I always feel like I'm about to hear voices. I get racing thoughts so that just exacerbates things. I know that my own mind is trying to trick me into thinking that it's true but in reality it's just thoughts. It's just scary because it's really draining my energy and im in my thoughts all the time can I actually turn this way??

Does anyone else experience this? I feel like I'm the only one. I don't want to be psychotic it's my biggest fear I've been seeing a therapist and he told me its all anxiety and said I have panic disorder but can I develop what can I do to stop this??

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I get the same feeling, I'm afraid of everything. Things that might happen, things that will happen, things that have happened and might again, and things that will probably never even happen. It's very exhausting. I cannot be alone or be I'm silence because I have fear of hearing voices or seeing sh*t that's not there. I'm so tired of being scared and letting anxiety ruin my life and it's so sad to know that someone else is going through what I am. I wouldn't wish this upon anyone..our minds are extremely tricky and people seem to not understand that. I just wanted you to know you are not alone and feel free to message me at any time if you want to talk more about this, or anything else. I'm here for/with you!
  • Posted

Omg omg, reading your thread , was like reading my own storey, I've also been told its panic disorder, I thought I WAS the only one!

Are you on meds?

I also witnessed 2 close friends develop schizophrenia.

• Posted

Noo I don't want to take any meds for anxiety I honestly just take vitamins and stuff my therapist told me not to take any meds cause it messes you up in the long run.. Is it an everyday thing for you? I'm literally freaking myself out with this and it's been two whole months I honestly do not know what to do I feel scared about everything and I don't do drugs or anything it sucks sad
    • Posted

Yes it is everyday,almost constant, but i have been told its anxiety, I know what triggered mine off! Do u know what triggered yours off?
  • Posted

So sorry, Totally anxiety and it should pass eventually. I hate meds also and found that going to the gym daily while having anxiety helped me work through it. Maybe give that a try?

• Posted

Definitely going to try going to the gym everyday thank you!!! I refuse to take medication for it
    • Posted

I usually start feeling better after the first 3-4 days. So don't get discouraged. The only downside is youll be getting in shape haha!
  • Posted

Story of my life smile I've been told by numerous psychologists and psychiatrists that it's not schizophrenia, just anxiety. But I still get so scared that I'm on the verge of developing it. Have you both been reassured by psychs?
    • Posted

I've been reassured by my gp, and psychiatrists at a&e, cos it ked to severe depression, and I became suicidle, I'm on nearly on 3 weeks of AD.

Mood has lifted, anxiety has calmed a nit, the not much, but its,always on my mind. Its anoying and really scarry. Has anyone told you, that you can overcome this? And how?

• Posted

I have been reassured many many times haha. I have been up and down with anxiety since Jr High and I am 41. 
    • Posted

Oh my goodness see that scares the hell out of me I'm 22 and it's been going on for 2 months imagine I end up with schiz 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩 I don't want to feel like this for the rest of my life lol everyone says I'm acting silly but I'm really scared about this I'm actually going to try going on vacation this Monday and I'm freaked out because of the plane ride as if I start panicking while I'm over there.. Anxiety gives a wired shakey feeling inside
  • Posted

As you mentioned that there are some relative paranoid schizophrenia signs, that is the case. Please visit a doctor as soon as possible because it might get even serious. I am suffering from anxiety but i never had these symptoms. That is much serious
    • Posted

I dont have it in my family, I saw 2 friends go through it, and about 2 months ago I had a huge panic attack from an antidepressant I took. See I've never taken drugs, i tried a zoot a couple of times and I don't like the way it makes me feel, I dont like medication that changes the way you feel!! So when I t o ok this one antidepressant,( which I dont think I should of been prescribed) as I was nit severely depressed, jnust low and tired, anyway I took it thinking if I dont like it I wont take it again! Well....... I had such a weird feeling,hot sweaty palpitations, spaced out, wobly legs vomited , stomach ache, everything, I felt really really weird too!

Went to a&e thinking I have lost the plot omg, they told me I had a bad reaction to the antidepressant, and it would take 24hours to get out my system.

Well all night and for a few days I did not sleep because I kept having panic and anxiety and thought why is it not going away, am I going mad, am I going the way my 2 friends went? And since then it has not left me, even though I've been told I'm far from crazy, I never ever wanted to touch antidepressants again!! But I bean to get depression, like real bad heavy fog depression, and wake up constantly anxious, and on edge, ide never suffers depression before, so again I didn't understand why I was feeling this way? I tried for a month on my own to get my self better, but started to cry so much and , I went to the Dr, she said the only way is antidepressants, I was very scared and she new I was, I started taking just a quarter of a tablet, for q couple of days then half, now I'm nearly 3 weeks on them, depression has lifted a lot, so has the waking with panic, but not the constant thinking amm I going mad! But I hope with cbt therapy and giving meds more time that it will go, god willing.

• Posted

i know its a very hard period. We will have to be strong and surpass the period. At least you have started the therapy and i still haven't tried it.
  • Posted

The relative that has it is a far relative and it runs in the opposite side of the family but it's still scary because I'm constantly thinking "how do people turn that way"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.