Anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

I always seem anxious I have wasted 40 yrs of my life worrying about everything, mainly health, everything and anything, I wake in the morningshaking and fizzing inside, spend hours looking up symptoms an spend all day fixated on whatever the health problem of that say involes. I do have genuine health issues which are being made worse with my anxiety. I seem to feel I am tempting fate if I relax, I worry and become vividly anxious about myself, my loved ones, friends, money problems, pets, and all manner of silly non important things. I just cant stop, even when I think I feel calm and am not anxious my subconsious goes into overdrive, causing me physical symptoms, such as palpatations, internal trembling, blurred vision, etc. Its never ending, every twinge I get, every spot, has to be scrutinised. I have spoken to my doctor recently, and have seen a councillor, who suggests I join a group locally, but that wont be until next year now, as groups are fully booked, hence I joined this group in the hope of a little support. Thankyou for reading x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

At this point in time you are well aware younhave an anxiety disorder. Saying you wasted forty years worrying is never going to help you recover now. Im not so sure this is all an actual "choice" but it is who you are. You need to be in counseling, learn cbt and learn the science of this illness. Having science evident based ailments makes it hard at times. It is very interesting in here because many have this health anxiety. They will soend every minute of every hours researching ohyscial ailments to force them or wish them to fit a disease. And yet the same people arent researching and studying anxiety disorders. Knowledge is needed to remove a few layers of fear. Many stay and drag themselves thru the route of traditinal western medicine. Ine with no core understanding or actual cures. Perhaps try complimentary medicne now. There are doctors who can help coming in from a different angle on all this. Alternative/integrated/complimentary/holistic they have seen all this too. Worth a try.

• Posted

Thanks for you reply, I have tried some alternative therapys, and have fiund some help in them, but somehow I just seem to overide the benefits in the long haul. I have in the past been prescribed tablets, but know this is not the long term answer. I have just bought two books recommended by my doctor, and a couple of relaxation cds, which hopefully will all help. I do know my anxiety has been heightened recently, due to several major events, all in quick succession, and have now made me feel very out of control,. Firsty my husband has retired, earlier than anticipated, leaving us with money and other worry, a very dear friend has just died very suddenly, and then a friend of my husbands also died unexpectidley, I had a TIA 3 months ago on holiday, and am struggling with the medication, all on top of an awfully painful sinus infection which is only just abating since xmas. I just feel anxious and scared at the moment, and know this will rause my bp even further, making me liable to a full stroke.

I just so wish I could find a way to cope with these feelings. Even going to the doctor causes me to get so anxious I shake, crazy I know, but stop it I cant. I know I sound a complete wreckm but all this is going on inside, on the outside I appear calm, my family and friends would never guess how I really feel. The thing is I wont ever let them either,

• Posted

what is your plan? You are dealing with string physical ailments here aside from mental ones. Thats a fact. Coping isnt always someasy under certain circumstamces. Addressing the physcial aspect of all this that must be the properly treated. A good dash or clean diet diet is very important here. Seeing a therapist familiar with tias to help you would be valuable. Anxiety here must be leveled its terrible for your healing. Not worth being anxious because its not safe for your bodies health.  This all needs and should be addressed with your doctor. I dont think you can "cope" on your own with no outside guidance. 

• Posted

Again thanks, i am on a good natural food diet, and have discussed things with my doctor, to see private therapists are too expensive I am afraid so no

t an option unfortunately, so i have no real option but to try on my own, and hopefully get into a group therapy when there is a space.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.