anxiety 7 weeks advice please!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

l feel like im always asking for advice on this but i feel it really is the best place to go. Im on cit 7 weeks yesterday, nearly from the moment i took my first pill my anxiety basically went which was amazing. Although today i got it quite bad, which has worried me that im regressing. I was 10mg for 2 weeks and 20 for the last 5. Is this common? Or do i need to up my dose? Im quite concern

All advice highly appreciated!

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

From what I can gather you can have good days and bad days I myself am like you Iam only just starting my long road to recovery I only started 2 weeks ago and so far so good apart from the odd side affect but compare to the anxiety is nothing hope this helps
    • Posted

Hi James

Yes you are right, the main thing that was giving my good and bad days was my sleep problems but as i said the anxiety creeped back into today and has totally Panicked me.

Hope you are finding every day easier!

• Posted

I suppose i was over thinking a few things, but then i have done that over the last few weeks and never got it back. I suppose i just need to wait and see if its a frequent thing in the next...just didn't really want to be upping my dose when i thought i was doing wel. Anxiety wise!
  • Posted

Same for me too! Citalopram was great for getting rid of anxiety. Worked almost first day I took it. But yes, it will take months before you loose the anxiety all together. You have more bad days at first, then it gradually turns around till you have more good days. In terms of should you up your dose, I did, but only after giving it chance,  several months. Then I decided to up it to 30mg as I wasn't quite there with feeling good. It's been good since then, but soon it will be time to start comming off. First time I tried coming off a few weeks back, but soon felt anxiety and depresion flood back. I think really, comming off citaloptam should take many many months, tapering off very gradually, not in 8 weeks like the drs recommend. I think it takes the brain a long, long time to start producing its own seratonin again after relying on citalopram for so long.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.