Anxiety about my death

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 21 year old female in college. I am obessed with death. When will it come? Will I suffer? Will I know I'm dead? What's the point of all this? Constant all day. My body is fatigued, can barely eat, sleep, think, focus and uhhhh. This has been going on for a month and a half. Can anyone relate at all. It's not like I can control death, why can't I just live? Maybe I'm just now realizing my own mortality?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I know how you feel. There was a time were i was obsessed with death by meteor or comet that everytime i heard an airplane i would freak out. I had a hard time with sleeping and eventually got over it.
  • Posted

I can 100% relate to this sadly. I'm finding living life with this obsession near impossible :-(
  • Posted

I can relate to the suffering aspect. I dont think anyone wants to suffer.when you dont feel well all the time this stuff starts to set in. But on a mind level kind of thing you are treating yourself like you arent alive now because all you are doing is focusing and thinking about how you are not living and destroying great potential enjoyment you can br having. Saying that doesnt man i can do it either but rationally i know thats the truth. Take vitamin D and good B suppliments so your body isnt so exhausted. Some of what you are going through seriously might be a vitamin defieciency

on top of the anxiety.

• Posted

Sounds awful! I go through phases of worrying about death, one week I won't care at all, the next week I'll be constantly jumpy and scared that Someone is after me or that I'll die and miss out on the rest of my life. I'm more scared about what I won't achieve before my death too. It's built into us to survive and feel anxiety to some level so everyone feels what you feel, only feeling it for a month and a half must be awful rolleyes I wish I had some better advice but take some comfort in knowing that your not alone. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.