Anxiety and depression

Posted , 6 users are following.

Been feeling unwell over past 2 years gradually symptoms interfering with my life - began with feeling unwell on odd day ... now every day ... fatigued - as if i m getting flu - sometimes can t really explain symptoms i just feel strange - body can t relax - blood tests concluded low vitamin D - borderline Thyroid ... i m 71 - please help ... i feel as if Dr s are not listening to me ... my life is at a stand still .. i feel soo ill ...Dr diagnosed anxiety and depression ....

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I can feel how horrible is anxiety and depression I'm 29 I never feel anxiety before only started after my son born it was horrible experience still after year I feel anxious so much I can't focus on my life I'm scared of go public places I don't how to control this situation I want feel same as before I don't know whan?
    • Posted

Sorry to hear you re feeling so unwell - has your Doctor suggested any counselling ... a Cognitive Psychologist .? And thank you for your reply ..

• Posted

Yes counselling hapled me a lot to improved my health my panic attacks almost gone but sometime whan I'm feeling anxious I can't control but I must admit that counselling i really helped me to understand what is anxiety and stress doctor offer my some medicine as well but I want try counselling first it does work for me well what about you did your doctor offer you any medicine?
    • Posted

I was offerred Anti Depressents .. i refused ... because i do think my illness has a physical cause but .... i will go to see a Psychologist ... to  be assessed .

• Posted

Low vitamin D should be corrected. It does effect moods. I more then bet you are low on b12 as well. The uk has real low acceptable levels. If you can get b12 under tonugue (sub lingual) vitamin..take one daily. See in a week if you feel better. If yes keep taking it daily. You can ask your doc to check b12 levels. Especially at your age. If you are in the us tell your doc to test your b12 levels and do a chem scan on your blood levels
    • Posted

Thank you lisa your input much appreciated will follow it up - because i can t tell you how desparate i feel for some sort of firm dagnosis ..and to feel fit again ..

• Posted

As already mentioned low vitamins and minerals can make matters a lot worse am waiting on results from blood test yesterday checking for iron,vit B and magnesium levels 
  • Posted

iknow how you feel  i am 68 yrs old and have been in hell for the last 3yrs. my symtoms are all about me iwant to do things but cant i have this fear all the time my head feels dreadful and all i want to do is stay in bed ican sleep the clock round and still feel tired i hate the mornings and to be honest i am exausted from it .im am now on 20 mg prozec .ithink part of my problem is i smoke 20 cigs a day and cant stop i know its bad for me but the way i feel icant get my head round stopping this is hell but i hope we will make it good luck to you jo w .
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply vera.. i do hope you feel better soon ... it is indeed hard to stop smoking ... even when you feel well .. i do hope you have some sort of support system - friends /family and also can i suggest unless you ve already been this route - a counsellor/ Cognitive Psychologist .And we will get well i m sure of it .Good luck .

• Posted

Hi jo w 69410 I also know just how you feel, and it is awful, but just this day I noticed a site regarding Anxiety and depression posted by the Northumberland Tyne and Wear NHS foundation Trust which explains really well how to help yourself through it. It might help you, it did me, Good luck, Mr MAC
  • Posted

Hi jo I would recommend reading a book called self help for your nerves by Dr Clair weeks. It's an old book book but really helpful in explaining the anxiety state and how to deal with it,good luck with your recovery x
  • Posted

Hi jo I would recommend reading a book called self help for your nerves by Dr Clair weeks. It's an old book book but really helpful in explaining the anxiety state and how to deal with it,good luck with your recovery xx
    • Posted

thank you rhian.. i certainly will get a copy of the book you mentioned.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.