Anxiety and hormones? Any connections found?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have health anxiety, but only got it after being nauseated and vomiting daily for about 6 months. After 6 months, I guess I couldn't mentally take it anymore. Well, this is now going on 30 months. I went into early menopause at age 43. Has anyone found a connection between hormones and anxiety or hormones and nausea. The interesting thing about my anxiety is, it basically goes away when I am feeling relatively well. Any advice from anyone?

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes, your symptons are normal. I was depressed until my doctor sent me for a blood test and verified that I had the menopause. The HRT is a God send. 

It must of been so hard for women years ago when the change of life was not recognised.

It was nerves that made you vomit.

Can your doctor give you some medication for panic. Propanolol is good.

Let me know how you get on.

Best of luck sweetheart. Don't panic.

• Posted

Yes, absolutely...there is a connection to hormones and depression and anxiety.  I thought I was going crazy until my doctor gave me a prescription for Minivale dots...A patch you can wear...one a week, or two, depending on how severe your symptoms.  I know I would be in an institution by now if it were not for my HRT...I had a complete hysterectomy in 2001...hope you feel better...
  • Posted

I went into early menapuse too. I got xanthelesma..yellow playue stuff in my eyelids as a genetic gift. The vomiting you note should be checked out by a gastroenterologist. Yes hormonal changes and anxiety inter relate but vimtiting shiuld be checked out. You most likely need a chem blood test, hormone blood test and the standard blood checked. Just clear that all up before you say its anxiety.
    • Posted

No. Looking back i had so many symptoms and not one doctor said a word. I do have xanthelesma pretty bad now. I also have eye issues and still no one knows how to fix that. The xanthelesma is surgical. Anyway too many people told me stay away frim hrt so i did. It literally changed me as a person like i have recieved a new body with sensitivities and imdont feel as steong as i used too. I just bought a juicer and im going to try nutrition as a route to re stregnthen everything. Sorry took so long to respond.

• Posted

Thanks everyone for the reply. I have had over $250,000 medical tests and they find nothing wrong. Have been to my gastro doctor several times and he can find nothing either. This all started when my gallbladder was removed. Jan 2013. Have been sick ever since. But was just wondering how much my lack of hormones likely has to on me. My hormone levels are very low too. Rest of my blood work is pretty good, but low VitaminD. This anxiety is driving me nuts. Just wish I could let it go. It is misery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.