Anxiety and Mental State after blockage of LAD and stent added

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am having some serious difficulties with anxiety and just coming to grap with having a 90% blockage in my LAD. I had a stent put in 7 days ago and still have some mild chest pains and discomfort, but just mentally I am afraid if I fall asleep in going to have a heart attack and never awake. Anyone have any suggestions to help?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

7 days is no time at all. The first year will be the worst. You had a blockage not a heart attack so you heart is not damaged. A doctor explained to me the mild chest discomfort is your body trying to push the stent out of your body. You must go to Cardiac Rehab you will find it very helpful. Change your lifestyle if needed you know....Smoking drinking eating ect. Work with your doctor to change or adjust your meds, everyone is different getting the balance right is an artform in itself. Always look how far you have come not how far you have to go to get back to normal. I had a heart attack 3 years ago and had a stent put in my left vent. I can honestly say I am nearly back to how I was prior to my HA. I suffered anxiety just like you are but if you try to be positive and progress in small steps. You are in a marathon not a sprint. You will get there. GOOD LUCK 
  • Posted

Nah a heart attack would (should) wake you up cheesygrinredface​ You aren't having any left (or right) armpit / arm pain are you question​ Slow rippling chest / throat 'feelings' question Jaw ache / tooth pain question If no - and it's just the 'twinges' - then you've got nothing to worry about smile
  • Posted

Its all worrying CPG,they plant that bit of doubt in your head from day one,like a Witch Doctor,if you can, keep busy,put your mind on other things,I know thats not easy.I saw a different doctor this week, he explained everything better,like 'what if it goes to my brain ? That will not happen,thats not how it works, he said.
  • Posted

CPG1970 don't become what the doctors call in private " A cardiac cripple " It is what it says, someone who has had a heart event ( heart attack angina ect ) and is so frightened they sit at home scared to do anything even though test show there is nothing to fear. Take control be positive you can beat this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.