Anxiety and not eating

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all sad lately I've been super scared to eat and it's been going on for 3 or 4 weeks, I have trouble eating because I feel like it gets stuck and I also hold my breath as I'm eating because I'm scared if I inhaled the food that's in my mouth into my lungs, I eat 1 or 2 times a week and I'm afraid I will have to go to the hospital and they will tube feed me sad I also have a lump in my throat and it won't go away and now throat mucus is starting to take its place, it's hard the breathe, I've suffered anxiety for 11 years 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

See your ENT, their is a test they can do to check that.  One of the test is even done on the spot at his office.
  • Posted

They sell nutrition shakes. Like ensure or boost. They are not thin shakes and you can slowly drink them. I love them when my anxiety gets out of hand. You must get nutrition into your body. 
  • Posted

I get that way with the knot in my throat mucus and all when my panic attacks get really bad I drink something warm seems to help and keep telling yourself it's OK that it will pass it's easier said than done I took some Tylenol one time had to spit them out because it felt like I had big huge pills in my mouth take care hope it gets better for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.