Anxiety and tiredness

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on overcoming the tirdness and constant fatigue that goes with stress and anxiety.

It seems that no matter how much I sleep, or what I do, I just never feel refreshed or energised. I am just constantly exhausted and spend each day just fatigued, I wouldn't say I am depressed but my mood and motivation is pretty low to be honest,

It is down to my job causing my mental health issues, and I am working on change, it's just a slow process and it's getting harder to cope with the mundane and tiredness. I just need to find a way of getting some energy back.

Currently taking no medication. I have a healthy diet, don't drink or smoke and exercise constantly but it doesn't improve things really.

Thanks

Tom

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Thomas,

Have you seen your GP? It may be something as simple as a vitamin deficiency.

Vitamin D or E. This time of year (not sure where you live) but the winter months can have an effect and Vit. D can help. Hope this helps.

• Posted

We do not know what medications you are on.

You could look at the drugs you take and find out which ones will make you sleep.

Take those a half hour before bedtime.

Other drugs may be better taken in the Morning/afternoon or after dinner, sort them

They do discuss vits D and B,

Dis the sunshine drug and in the UK sunshine can be none existant so this supplement can help control your feelings of tiredness.

B12 Can also help so give it a try

Sad lights used about an hour before getting up can also lift your mood LIDL sells them in the UK at various times.

Eating fruit and veg can help, Orange ytpe fruits are a good source of VIT C for your immune system colds and flu etc

BOB

• Posted

Thank you for the replies. I currently take no medication, so it can't be a side effect and I watch my diet quite strickly (had a stress breakdown last year and lost a lot of weight because of it).

I had a vitamin test done and everything came back normal. Iron was actually the higher side of normal.

I was just wanted what other reasons. I have a review tomorrow and my doctor wants me to start Sertraline on the basis of it might help. I am not to sure about starting such a drug though to be honest.

• Posted

Hi Thomas

Glad your going to the doctor but sorry your feeling so fatigued.

That was something that got me down when i first started with anxiety, my arms and legs were so heavy and tired too.

Although you do lots of exercise something i discovered that helped me through the fatigue was progressive muscle training. It's good for mind and body.

You do it either in bed before you sleep and before you get up, or you can do it in a chair.

You wouldnt believe how something so simple really helps .. 10  mins is all you need.

I found some guided ones on You tube.. you can do it without but i found listening to some one talking me through it kept me focused.

Give it a whirl you have nothing to lose put lots to gain if it works.

The low mood passes too.. I put mine down to the anxiety getting me down as my get up and go... had got up and gone.. Thankfully it comes back 😊

Once that subsides you will be able to motivate and distract yourself from the mundane things etc.

Keep your chin up... There is life after anxiety and you will get there.

When i had CBT they explained all about the physical symptoms that comes with anxiety.. So that helped me too.

I started mindful meditation too 2 x daily .

Thankfully i am tonnes better now .. So dont give up hope

Stay strong and positive and be kind to your self xx

Good luck with the meds... 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.