Anxiety, appendicitis, ovaries or what?

Posted , 7 users are following.

So I was sick for 2 months, I found out 2 weeks ago I had a parasite infection and so I took flagyl for a week to treat it. I finished the treatment on Wednesday last week, I did get vague stomach pain during the course, but on the last couple of days of treatment I woke up with stomach cramps that came on suddenly and was mainly around my belly, but the pain subsided once I went to the toilet.

On Friday I had no stomach cramps but by the afternoon/evening I had a pain in my lower right side, it felt like ovulation pain but because it’s the right side I panicked thinking appendicitis. Yesterday the pain was still there, it seemed to hurt mostly when I moved and walked, it was a sharp pain but nothing severe. Today I think its gotten better, it hurts with some movements occasionally, including when I use the pelvic muscles to pee. But it mostly hurts when I push down on the spot. Its more of a dull pain now. Ive also got lots of abdominal noises and I feel a tad sick but then again I have been eating mostly chips and chocolate the past day or so.

It just concerns me. Could it be appendicitis or an ovary thing? I am a 15 year old girl, I have spent most of the past 2 and a half months in bed, the past few days I haven’t eaten very healthy, I recently gained back my appetite, and the pain is in the pubic area slightly above where the pubic hair begins, maybe even on that line and probably about an inch away from the right hip bone. No rebound effect from pressing and releasing, pain only comes when pressing down. I also have lots of uncomfortable/nauseating burps but that’s not new for me. My stools are mushy and soft and fairly smelly but not watery. Today I did strain a little to pass even thought it was soft. Also pretty gassy.

I did experience some chest pain today, alternated between left and right side of chest but I feel like that would be due to anxiety, I did have a small panic attack whilst at the shopping centre because I thought I must have appendicitis and I was very restless whist at the cinemas and couldn’t wait until the movie ended so I could get home and do research on my symptoms haha. My dad ignored my suggestion of appendicitis, he is ready to take away my electronics. I also had a couple times where a slight sharp pain thing occured on my right side like on the flank or whatever its called, the part in between the abdomen and the back. I also have had times where i feel like i need to pee even after peeing but on thursday the doctor said that can be due to dehydration (I was severely dehydrated that day) I just dont know what to do

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you been diagnosed with anxiety?
  • Posted

Hi sunset.tahlia

I have difficulty with my stomach at times. I get diarrhea, nauseated, sometimes my left side hurts and sometimes my right side hurts. Then i get all gassy in my stomach and a lot of acid reflux and indigestion. There are times i am wondering if its my appendix or my gall bladder because there are times i do not want to eat accept for crackers and ginger ale. 

You should have it checked out to ease your mind that what i would do if i were you 

Hope you feel better 

Elizabeth 

• Posted

We have very similar symptoms, in addition to that.. I am diagnosed with depression.. Have you lost any weight? Or get any night sweats whilst you sleep ?
    • Posted

I to have been dianoised with depression and anxieties. Since i went into menopause i have lost weight. At night i do sweat when i am sleeping at times. 

Right now my right side is hurting a lot and i feel real nauseated before i took my bath i had a lot of diarrhea and that left my right side hurting a lot and feeling nauseated i told my boyfriend but one thing is if we got to the E.R. they will just do a cat scan and that makes me go and it aggrevates my hemrrhoids. Why can they just do an ultra sound to see if it is the gall bladder or the appendix making me sick 

This sucks right now just going to eat crakers and drink ginger ale tonight for snack 

Elizabeth

• Posted

I think I have been gaining some weight that I did lose from my parasite infection, especially from the Easter chocolates I've been eating haha. But I seem to sleep completely fine. But last night I had like stomach ache but it almost felt like there wasn't an ache? It was odd and the ache was also in my left arm and chest, this morning I woke up with the same uncomfortable stomach ache thing and the chest ache too, I asked my mother to take me to the ER to get checked and be on the safe side but she asked my dad and he yelled at me and said if I had something wrong I would be in severe agony. So basically if I do have something such as appendicitis I'm not going to get checked out until I'm feeling like I'm going to die and suffering badly. What great parents.
    • Posted

I think you should get it checked out what is wrong with your dad if you are in pain you should get it checked out like i should get mine checked out too.

Elizabeth

• Posted

Hi, in order to get an ultra sound you have to go your GP/ doctors and tell them the symptoms and you would like a referral for an United sound. Say it just like that and you will receive an appointment.. I will have my ultra sound 9th April X ..
    • Posted

You can also get one in the E.R too not just your doctor let us know how your ultra sound goes 

Elizabeth

• Posted

Well I saw the doctor and he asked if the pain has gotten worse which is where I got stuck because I really don't know, because the pain generally can't be felt unless I press the area or sometimes when I move it will hurt a bit or if I hit hard enough somewhere else I will feel the pain in the original spot, but occasionally out of no where I will get an aching/throbbing pain in that tender spot, or I get a sudden sharp pain but then it dies down back to a dull pain when pressed. So I really don't know if it's gotten worse.

But I didn't tell the doctor about the sudden sharp pain that goes away because I forgot, but he said just watch it and if it's appendicitis it will probably worsen every 4 hours and if it worsens then I go to ER. So no tests are being done. That kinda scares me. He did also mention how the pain could also be something to do with like ovaries or something which I know it could. On the way home my father told me how rare appendicitis is and stuff.

I mean it would be odd for me to suddenly have appendicitis considering I've been sick for almost 3 months with that parasite infection and so I had high anxiety and depression levels during that time, being sick for so long really messed me up and I was always concerned about every sensation in my body. So to suddenly get appendicitis after everything seems odd. Besides I've read that some people with appendicitis and stuff (especially in ruptured appendix) it is treated with antibiotics to stop infection spreading and treat infection before surgery, and a lot of the time they seem to use flagyl for it, and I had been recently taking flagyl for my parasite infection so maybe if there was a possibility for appendix infection maybe the flagyl would have killed anything that may cause appendicitis so then maybe I really don't have appendicitis?

Just in case you don't know ever since I finished my antibiotic course last Wednesday I've been eating chips and chocolate every day and the last couple days I haven't eat much healthy food at all so that's something also I guess. I have had some stomach aches too haha

• Posted

ultrasound cannot rule out appendicitis. Your pain could be from straining. Gallbladder can be looked at with an ultrasound but cat scan is better. Speaking of IBS further down these responses smile you may have IBS. What did they say about your nausea and diarrhoea? Just anxiety??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.