Anxiety at 9 weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi 

I  have been taking Cit for 9 weeks and 1 day. 20 mg. Got through the initial side effects and finally insominia left after about 7 weeks. The anxiety is now very dominant and I have medium panic attacks at the thought of some things. Not sure if I had a blip but cat got sick 2 nd time this week and I think I have it under control. 

Last night was quite bad for sleeping. Waking up around midnight after about 2-1/2 hours sleep. Have been taking 1/4 of sleeping pill last couple of nights but didn't want to last night. Tryiing to concentrate on relaxing but it seems the anxiety just takes over.

For those who have gone through this to get better is this normal to seem to go backward. I remember Katecogs saying 3 steps forward 2 steps back - is this typical to go to more anxiety and insomnia again or will I need to up the dosage or change the med. 

Thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Just wanted to add.

The cit worked for my 'temper tantrums' so it is working and also seems for depression which sort of came on with the cit but seems to have levelled off. 

• Posted

my doctors told me to wait until 8 or 12 weeks

so I think u should be wait more weeks than think about increase the dose

take Dizepam to help u with anxiety and sleep

• Posted

Hi John,

Yes, it is quite the usual thing, always pay attention to Katecogs (other forumers are available) as she is one of the best! Speaking from experience myself that is.

Re upping or not then you must consult yer GP. Always keep her/him in the loop on how yer feeling as well as any medical concerns you may or may not have. Part of the treatment and repair work this sticking plaster for the brain carries out will need to be discussed on a regular basis, if yer GP is to keep up with yer progress.

In the meantime keep reading and posting!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Thank you David and Roby,

It seems that this is the norm. Never knew a-d's could be so troublesome but I'm in for a penny in for a pound now.  Thank goodness we have people who have been through it and can give us guideance along the way. I would never do anything without consulting my GP - to chicken since I don't know what I'm doing right now. Much appreciated. :D

• Posted

your welcome

how is ur feeling today

I'm still have anaxity and I think insomnia

I still in week 5 from increase long the dose

• Posted

Hi. I'm at the end of week 8 of 20mg and have had 3 good weeks but last few days have struggled sleeping. My therapist said recovery is definitely a bumpy rd and it can take months for meds to fully work. X
  • Posted

Hi Roby,

Sorry for not replying sooner I've had a few car problems that needed fixed and ironed out over the last few days.  Yes, the next day I felt a bit better. It really is ups and downs and trying to take care of yourself. Always appreciate the feedback. Thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.