anxiety attack today on the street-just woken up and shaking uncontrolably

Posted , 4 users are following.

Any one with an answer as to what to do.

I had an appointmnt today and the heat was overwhelming when leaving the house

I was having breathing problems (Asma) then saking during the appointment for 1 .30 minutes at the cab , using my inhaler constantly.

left and stod waiting for the bus for 5-10 minutes when it arrived i was in disterss and shaing pretty badly, I ws boarding the bus and the man behind me fell straight into me from uim boarding i screamed in terrot and the bus became unbearable as it was twice as hot as outside

pannick set in on the bus , eerone was staring at me a young lady gave me her water.

It got so bad i had to get off 1 stop beofre my stop and a local who knows me saw me in a mess with trmour, and took me into his airconditioned store.

the staff called the anbulance who came , i didnt want to go to the A+E i wanted to come home to take 10 mg of diazipam and try to rest.

I slpet for 5 hrs.

I have re woken with the same shakes if not worse now I am over whelmed with my body reacting to the trmeors i am with and nowo dont know hot to stop them.

Any advice pls tell me

PJ

its 8.30pm and i am alone in my flat

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear you had a bad time today

me also I was shopping and had a panic attack for no reason I felt unsteady like I was going to pass out I had to go for the bus which like you said was way hotter than outside and I was panicking on it thankfully I was with my mam though over wise I'd of been worse and handled it a lot worse than I did

try take some deep breathes through your nose out your mouth have an early night and drink plenty of water it's easy me saying this i know how scary it feels but remember it's all on your head and your perfectly fine just take it easy and rest try putting some quiet music on take your mind of how your feeling

take care xx

• Posted

hi ozzie. in this weather & with all that's happening to u right now, you need to have someone who can take over & do this 'leg work' for u. the weather's too hot/dehydrating to go it alone. i know u've asked for help from many agencies with varying degrees of response. i'm wondering if the 'salavtion army' have volunteers that may help u. u need help/support right now.

Caitlin.

• Posted

Hello Phil,  I have been wondering how you are these last few days. I am sorry to hear your day as been anxious. Take deep breaths and listen to some soothing music. I suffer with the heat, i know people think we are moaning but not everyone can take it. I had my Grandson today and try to keep him cool was a task. It was too hot for him outside, with him being 16mths, i let him have 10mins this morning with sun lotion on. I don't have asthma but have heard that with this heat it is more problamatic, which i understand led to your anxiety being worse. You got home okay, try relaxing. I know you have a lot on your plate right now but you must rest and drink plenty of fluids. Humidity is going to be better tomorrow. Well done for going to the cab, i hope you have found more support. Take care. 

Hugs Elizabeth xx

• Posted

I know it's a silly question but have you got a fan you could use.
    • Posted

Hi elizabeth

i was taken by ambulance to the chelsea westminster hospital by ambualnce again at 11pm.

I could not stop shaking badly and albert my carer came home and saw me in a terrible state

i got to the A+E and what did they do they wheeled me out into the waiting arera that was packed and i was told there was a 1 - 1/2 hr wait to see the Triage Nurse.

I sope to him and the front recepoon staff then left the hospital with Albert

.why they wnted me to be assessed by a triage nurse when i had 2 lots of ambulance papre work and all the riage nurse will do is take your obs was beyond me.

I needed t be referred to the mental haelth team there not a nurse.

i was angry again at the level of service offered by a hospital , i came home and medicated myself again with more diaziapam andother 10 mg and have woken this morning only to be in trmeor still.

its been 24 hrs of non stop tremor

i am stuck fr words now and what to do

I have a solicitors appt at 11am this morning, i cannot miss.

PHil

• Posted

I try to cancel appointments in extreme weather...but I realise that sometimes you just can't. I cannot imagine how scared you were trying to breathe in this weather and with bad asthma. My asthma was bad the other day in the heat, but calmed down after my inhalers. When you have to take more and more, it can be very nerve-wracking. It sounds like your body was really trying to cope, but almost going into shock. I know that salbutamol really gives me the shakes when I take it sometimes;...especially if I have to take a lot in one go and sometimes instantaneous shakes, but sometimes delayed!

I heard on the News tonight...the presenter said; she had to alight from her bus early today, even though she did not want the extra walk in the heat. She said that the temperature in the bus was so bad, she felt she couldn't breathe. So I dread to think what it was like for you, as you had very bad asthma, on top.

I am not surprised that you were so distressed etc., especially as even outside the temperature was unbearable, let alone on a bus. Your system was so low, that you were easily shocked, which compounded what you were trying to cope with anyway. The lady sounds nice and helpful, but it's a shame everyone panicked.

Sometimes anxiety can affect a group that way, especially in the current climate.

Thank goodness another "angel" helped you. The UK really should think now and act now;...about having air conditioned cooling rooms/spots, spaced at regular intervals along journeys etc. I know France is doing it & they do it in other countries.

You have been so brave and must've been exhausted. What a series of events.

You could call 111 and they could assess you - as you could be dehydrated and you don't want to get heat exhaustion. Your body has been through so much physical stress today. I hope that you get some company soon, to monitor your tremors with you.

Nalia

• Posted

Hi Nalia

i was taken by ambulance to the chelsea westminster hospital by ambualnce again at 11pm.

I could not stop shaking badly and albert my carer came home and saw me in a terrible state

i got to the A+E and what did they do they wheeled me out into the waiting area that was packed and i was told there was a 1 - 1/2 hr wait to see the Triage Nurse.

I spoke to him and the front reception staff then left the hospital with Albert

.why they wanted me to be assessed by a triage nurse when i had 2 lots of ambulance paper work and all the Triage nurse will do is take your obs was beyond me.

I needed t be referred to the mental haeath team there not a nurse.

i was angry again at the level of service offered by a hospital , i came home and medicated myself again with more diaziapam another 10 mg and have woken this morning only to be in tremor still.

its been 24 hrs of non stop tremor and it looks like i will need to take more Diaziapam again now

i am stuck for words now and what to do

pj

• Posted

pj,

you poor thing, even though you experienced this further stress and intervention, I am glad that you were seen and that medical assistance was persisted with. Thank goodness Albert was there. Sometimes when my Asthma and such, is particularly bad - i can get very disorinetated and accidentally delay getting help, as I do not want to disturb the medical profession, or do not realise how ill I have become. It sometimes takes another person; to make us more aware of this and take action. If you were still shaking, it was the right move.

Unfortunately, even though the services are under extra pressure, the action of putting you in a waiting area;...I feel was detrimental to you and more stressful. I know when I am struggling, I have to concentrate alone sometimes, just to keep breathing and remaining calm, as the slightest thing can make it drastically worse. Also for dignity's sake, when you are so ill. I find it astonishing with your level of symptoms and the potential dangers and complexities, that you were not seen immediately; especially as you arrived by ambulance! I am very concerned that you should have been properly assessed by a Consultant and monitored for a good while. Especially considering the events of your day and how ill you had been, for a prolonged period of time!!

I think that more there needs to be a change in service, that allows people to be seen by mental health and physical health teams/doctors etc., without added and separate delays. Especially, as physical and mental health have such an impact on one another. Also, with potentially mutliple medications that can affect other health conditions and the risk of side effects compounding other ceratin health problems, (and also confusingly displaying very similarly) surely it would warrant and require rapid and efficient interdisciplinary communication and team working.

The tremoring sounds very tiring and unpleasant. I hope that with further rest and recuperation and with today being somewhat cooler, you may be able to become clearer on what to do and recover more.

I hope that you made your appointment this a.m. safely and if not, that you were perhaps able to converse by phone.

Nalia

• Posted

i got to the A+E and what did they do they wheeled me out into the waiting arera that was packed and i was told there was a 1 - 1/2 hr wait to see the Triage Nurse.

I sope to him and the front recepoon staff then left the hospital with Albert

.why they wnted me to be assessed by a triage nurse when i had 2 lots of ambulance papre work and all the riage nurse will do is take your obs was beyond me.

I needed t be referred to the mental haelth team there not a nurse.

i was angry again at the level of service offered by a hospital , i came home and medicated myself again with more diaziapam andother 10 mg and have woken this morning only to be in trmeor still.

its been 24 hrs of non stop tremor

i am stuck fr words now and what to do

PJ

• Posted

Hi Ozzie I am sitting here at work shaking like a leaf, worried to death about my gums although everyone says they are okay.  I have to go back to the doctor next week and hopefully she will change my medication.

I am usually at home alone, I go to bed most of Sunday and at 7.30 at night as I dont know how to cope with anything else.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.