Anxiety back! Flushing sensation.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Did anyone experience a hot flushing sensation associated with anxiety. It is not hormone related and seems to want to take over whenever I try to nap and often wakes me in the early morning. It starts at my chest and takes over my whole upper body feel like it is on fire. This was one of my early symptoms of anxiety and subsided on 10 mg of Citalopram. Strange thst after 7 weeks on 20mg this sensation has come back. I am having a hard time at the moment! Lee. 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lee, yes I had exactly that I called it a body rush scared me to death. I've been on 20 mg for a year now & only had that happen in the beginning. So just keep powering through it will get better.
    • Posted

Oh heavens, what a relief to hear it will pass Carol. Not only does it scare me to death, it is exhausting. I hope 9 weeks is still considered the beginning, because it is a very unsettling feeling. Are you well again on your 20 mg? Heading into week 10 and hoping this feeling subsides soon. Thank you so much for your reply smile
  • Posted

I'm 100% better these days. This panic/anxiety prob just hit me outta the blue one day couldn't drive couldn't go in grocery stores it was just horrible. 7 weeks is still very early for you & now I can't remember when exactly but all of a sudden I was "normal" again. Actually now I'd be afraid to quit these pills in case I went backwards smile. So it will get better for you. This forum helped me so much you find your not alone & no matter what weird things you are feeling someone on here has been there done that.

keep it up!

• Posted

I've been on a different SSRI, paroxetine for almost 10 weeks now on 30mg. Suffering with similar problems to Lee. Do you think this is also early days for me too??
  • Posted

I know exactly what you mean. I call it a wave, it rises all up my body and is like I'm on fire. It's horrid! But I'm.glad I'm not the only one!!!!
  • Posted

hey Lee, how long were you on 10 and why did you increase? I'm thinking about going up to 20 but scared of the side effects 😬 do you feel better on 20 than you did on 10? I've done 15 weeks on 10 and although I'm better than I was I'm not totally sorted xxx
    • Posted

Hi there Marf, I was on 10mg for 6 months. Didn't feel quite right in December and the Dr had initially prescribed that I go up to 20 mg after a month on 10 mg, which I never did. So after my December visit I decided that I could feel better as I was just blah, but scared of more side effects. I am waiting to get back to my happy place and waiting it out on the 20mg. Just started week 10 and may still have a way to go, but persisting. Speak to your Dr about an increse if you feel you have waited lng enough. Gosh I have been on this forum daily to get to 20mg and through the side effects. If you need to go up everyone will see you through it. Take care. Lee x
    • Posted

Thanks xx have the side effects been the same as when you first started 10? And do you reckon you are better now on 20 than at 6 months on 10? xx sorry for keep bothering you xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.