Anxiety brain tumour fears

Posted , 35 users are following.

I have been having anxiety since last August. Since October I have been having headaches. I have seen around 10 doctors who have gave me nuerological exams, light in eyes etc. 2 eye tests and I still can't get over this fear of brain tumour. Sometimes the headaches are like stabbing pains, sometimes the top, sometimes the back. The main one has been a constant dull ache just above my ear on right side. I am constantly waiting to have a seizure. I check my eye pupils constantly. I have pins and needles in right hand a lot. my legs feel week. No problems with eyes except sometimes I see flashes when I blink, I'm nauseas a lot but haven't been sick. Are these signs of a tumour or just anxiety?

7 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

if you have had nerological exam by your doctor im sure you have nothing to worry about and also having an eye test can rule out alot of things i suffer from headaches to which is like a dull ache over my left temple and get shooting pains in my head think it is just a side effect from my meds though and im sure your doctor would do whats best by you but if they have no concerns then try not to worry but if you do find it hard to not keep worrying about it go and see another doctor and tell them what you want done and you want an mri to put your mind at rest as it is gettin you down 
  • Posted

Sounds just like me!! I feared a brain tumor and I get a dull pain in the same spot on my head as you and it'll end up making my scalp hurt. I am on meds now and I think it's just anxiety. I do someyimes have dreams I have a brain tumor but I think it's because I worry about it from time to time. It's a normal anxiety thing though to think us with anxiety have a tumor because the chemical inbalanxe in our brain does cause headaches and they can range from dull to sharp pains. Good luck to you and I brt you're fine though and it's the anxiety taking over your mind.
    • Posted

This is exactly what I’m going throughsad my headaches just won’t go away I’ve had eyetests also examinations by doctors and I still can’t get it out my head that I have a brain tumour I do suffer with anxiety and it’s making me feel so down I’m only 19 years old and feel like my life is going to endsad
    • Posted

I too have head pains that just won't go away. Some days are better than others but it can still be hard. I hope you start to feel better.

• Posted

Exactly that for 2 days it was sort of okay! Now it’s started being bad again like it was a few days ago before I went doctors! My head always has a weird tingly feeling which makes me even more scaredsad hope you start to feel better to. 
    • Posted

Yes the tingling feeling is scary. I just went to the er 2 days ago and everything is fine but I still feel it..really sucks. Now my left side of my face and neck feel stiff and tight and just sucks so bad but I know it'll go away soon.

• Posted

I’m also 19 and I have had a tension headache none stop for two weeks, it’s either in my forehead and the back of my head or my temples, it started when I was taking citalopram and it gave me really bad anxiety so I stopped taking the medication but the headaches have continued, the anxiety went away but I not have severe health anxiety and the headache a persist I fear a brain tumour, brain swelling or bleeding I’ve had a lot of tests done as my health is poor but I’m yet to get an mri or ct scan I am at my teathers end with the anxiety and fear of being seriously ill and fearing premature death, when I see my doctor next I am demanding he do something to give me peace of mind I hope it gets better for yourself I sympathise 
    • Posted

The tingling sensation in your head/brain is anxiety no dought about that. I used to suffer from it really bad & still do along with all other pains all over my body. (Heart pains, seeing spots of light, beating pulse in my ear etc... but even after my doctor putting me in for an MRI scan to calm me down because I thought I had a brain tumour in my brain I still get them to this day (slightly). MRI came back all clear & no brain tumour as they highly suspected! Just my stupid anxiety! 

But anyway it’s just one vicious circle iv learnt over the last few years. The more I think about the pains & the more stressed I am the stronger & more worse it is. Because thinking about it & worrying about is only giving it what it wants. Because it’s feeding of of you worrying & getting all uptight with it. It loves that!! That’s what it thrives of! Witch leaves you in even more of a mess & more anxiety systems. I know it’s ALOTT easier said than done but you just have to try & block all of it out & not think about it as much & just tell yourself it’s your silly anxiety trying to get at you. Because that’s all it’s trying to do. It’s really really hard I know but you can get out of this rut your in, it will only take a few weeks just be very strong. (Well try). I found keeping myself occupied & busy helped alott. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask me anything. Been through it all

• Posted

Hi, 

I have had every symptom possible from headaches, chest pains, feeling of my throats closing in etc. 

However the last few days I have been getting really bad neck pain and headaches. The neck pain doesn't feel like a muscle strain or anything like that it just hurts on the left side and my head feels very dull. It started in the back of my head but is now all on my left side and nothing is making the dull pain feeling go away. I have been told by numerous doctors and a clear CT scan that it is anxiety. I just can't ever seem to accept that so much pain is caused by anxiety. The pain also goes to my cheek as well any tips or advice?! Feel like I'm going mad x 

• Posted

I am in the same boat as you! I had a complex migraine the other day, which included symptoms of a stroke, like arm, face, and legs going numb. I rushed myself to the ER and had every single test done. An MRI, MRA w/without contrast, CT scan, EEG, EKG, Ultrasound of the carotid arteries, and bloodwork. All came back negative. The neurologist told me that it was just stress. But, till this day I'm having a light pressure above my left eye area and it seems to be affecting my vision and it gets worse when my anxiety gets worse. I know I don't have any neurological problems, but I still can't shake the thought that I might have a tumor. It really sucks.

• Posted

I myself after a misdiagnosis from some blood work started getting really bad anxiety! I was having pain in my breast.. Heavy chest feeling .. & numbness tingling feeling in my hands feet legs fingers & lips.. & like you sharp pains in my head but all over head.. I was the same way but the more you think it's a tumor the longer the pain will continue... I went to my OB because I had just had a baby & he sent me in for an MRI of my brain to rule everything out & he said IF everything comes back normal ... It's STRESS! & it did.. As soon as I heard it was normal I swear they stopped.. TRY to just think positive.. Or to ease your mind get one done.. I'm more then positive it's stress because you sound just like me & I know it's easier said then done trust me right now I have depression/anxiety/major stress & I'm feeling all kinds of symptoms which lead me to Google & I start thinking I have horrible things.. It's very hard when people in your life don't understand either...
  • Posted

I have this too! I get migraines, tension headaches, random pains, especially on the left side of my head. Sometimes it's behind my eye, sometimes more in my scalp. Sometimes it's stabbing, sometimes throbbing, sometimes dull. 

It always makes me nervous. Something that made me calmer once was someone in a forum said that they knew someone who had a tumor and they had a lot more symptoms than just headaches, like they knew something was seriously wrong. And that makes me feel better sometimes. 

About a year ago I also went to a neurologist who did a physical exam and I explained my symptoms and she made me do the neurologic test where you have to move in certain ways and she told me that she can tell from that test that my brain is clear, so I have to think back on that when I get scared and just remember that anxiety is powerful and can do so many things to make you crazy!

My headaches will clear up sometimes as soon as I start to get used to them and then I get chest pains, then as sure as that clears up, it's something else, then I'm back to headaches. You aren't alone in having headaches or your fear of a brain tumor.

• Posted

I am exactly the same way. One day I will have chest pains but as soon as something else happens, pain in head, arms and legs feel tingly or whatever the chest pain goes away and I concentrate on the new ache. It's a vicious cycle and I never know if it's real or anxiety

• Posted

headaches and chest pains are very common symptoms of anxiety. They are caused by the release of adrenaline into your system. This causes your muscles to tense up (ready to run or fight). The muscle tension in your chest muscles causes pain. It's not a heary attack. The scalp mucles tense up and give you headaches. It's not a brain tumour. It is all anxiety. If you've been checked over by a medic and given the ok, then you are ok. It is just anxiety. Also because your body is getting ready to run or fight it withdraws blood from non-vital places, like your fingers and stomach. This is what causes the finger tingles and the stomach churning and also the jelly-legs. It is nothing to worry about. It will do you no harm. Do not google symptoms, you will only alarm yourself unnecessarily and cause more stress causing more adrenaline causing more symptoms. Your mind goes bonkers when in anxiety and comes up with every horrible possibility it can think of. None of it is real. Nothing will happen to you. You will be ok. Try to reassure and calm yourself. Find out more about the symptoms of anxiety so you know that's what it is and not anything else. Go to doctor for reassurance if necessary but what you are describing are classic symptoms of anxiety. It is very uncomfortable and scary feeling but it will do you no harm.
  • Posted

I thought I'd add to this.. I've always suffered from medical anxiety, I'm conviced the worst is happening whenever I have a slight syptom of something. I had the tumor worries due to tension headaches, brought on by a mix of anxiety and neck pain. I try to click my neck a lot, somtimes straining the muscles, which then become inflamed. These give me a dull headache that runs up the back of the neck and over the scalp, and sometimes my eyes feel heavy. I was told you can strain the neck muscles by looking down at a phone or tablet a lot. I get slight flashes in the eyes, just little bits of light here or there, but I was informed by my optician that this is normal, unless it becomes really excessive! I also sometimes get slightly blurred vision with anxiety, and reading words on a screen can be harder than normal! It's the anxiety that blows everything out of proportion, the slightest ice pick headache and you think you have a tumor lol, I get it all the time, but I'm getting better with it! Years ago I'd run to the doctor about anything, but I've managed my anxiety a hell of a lot better.
    • Posted

I feel you. I suffer from panic attacks last month. But weeks past i also have a little headache and little dizzy . And i know it's just anxiety. I'm just 17 years old. And thinking have a brain tumor. And it sucks. Just a little headache i always overreact. Btw how are you know?

• Posted

Hi, I have been under the belief that I have been suffering anxiety attacks for the past 2+ years. I've had symptoms I considered wholly unrelated and never mentioned them to my doctors. After the last visit my Dr. insisted on an MRI which then precipitated CT and CTA scans. I was not expecting anything other than the confirmed anxiety but I do have something behind my ear. I think it is very unlikely based on percentages that you have anything but if you don't feel right push for more testing.

Are you hungry, dizzy, experiencing vertigo, weak on one side, experiencing the loss of hearing or sense of smell, loosing weight unexpectedly, lacking balance and coordination, extremely forgetful, loosing your words when you are talking in addition to the regular anxiety list? They may not be connected but then again they may. This is far from an exaustive list but I share this only to show that some of the unrelated symptoms turned out to be related in my case. I am fortunate that I have a really great doctor that listened and insisted on being very thorough. I wish you the very best of care and peace of mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.