Anxiety coming back and I'm scared

Posted , 2 users are following.

I felt like I was starting to make improvements compared to last month where I ended in the ER twice for panic attacks and dizziness.

For 4 weeks I've been on sertaline 50 mg and I was getting better minus slight dizziness but for the most part I was getting better. This week has been a fail I've stated in a previous thread that my boyfriend and I broke up and I spent the whole week stressed which has led to my anxiety coming back I've felt depressed, overly excited and giddy for no reason, feeling of doom, dizzy, nausea, I've been having mild diarrhea I'm so scared of going back to how I was last month I had no appetite, I wasn't really talking, I was so down. Also I took a quick 30 min nap today and I woke up out of my sleep to take my birth control pill cause I have a reminder on my phone to take it so since then I've been anxious which is why I really don't like taking naps. Also my boyfriend and I got back together yesterday but those of us with anxiety know it's hard to just go back to being ok. I'm so discouraged....

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Would you be willing to mention increasing your Sertraline to your GP? I'm on 200mg and it has some bad side effects but decreases the panic attacks

• Posted

also it's unlikely they'll give you anything else for panic attacks other than Propranolol, hope it goes well

• Posted

Its 103 degrees outsid where i am in the usa and its after five p.m and i can say this heat is horrible for anyone with any kind of anxiety or health issues. I say this because you used the term ER so that the usa.so maybe the heat is effecting you. 
    • Posted

Yeah I live in New York its 93 degrees I do have an air conditioner but my anxiety is always extra high during the summer months
    • Posted

Look dont be scared by it. You know what it is and you know it comes and goes. It truly sucks and im more then a million per cent sure this has a physical core to it but science is taking forever to figure it out. Lots of different research on it one that sits well with me is the irrated and inflammed nerves. Saying that we all have to make do with dealing with it using iur hierarchy of thinking. Mindfulness is wonderful and guess what the rhythmic slow belly breathing even reduces inflammation of the nerves so it is a double yay on that. Utube can teach this to you that's how simple it is to learn. But needs to be used a lot. Lots of self talk here needed. Constant the same way you worry and negative self talk..reverse it. Conciously say i feel good this feels so nice. I am safe. I love feeling safe and that my body is calm. Affirmations at first u might not feel that way but. You will over time. Brainwashing yourself here. Funny you have mastered all the needed tools and skills by the way, perfectly mastered them only in the most negative unhealthy way. You need to reverse all this. The mind isnt going to know whats real or isnt. So constant affirmations too. Try so hard to finng on this makes you laugh and "feel" good. Your body must rememeber "feeling" good. Laughter is great for that. Sometimes you know when the adrenaline rush trigger you have to no questions or doubts ride it thru. Ou can do mindfullness during this time to pass away the ten minute cycle. Get yourself a cbt workbook they are online and use it. To help give you skills and ideas. Stay strong. Be well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.