Anxiety- feeling like I'm going to pass out?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Oh my god, where to start. Basically for months now I get faint and lightheaded at the same time everyday. It is always around lunchtime and carries on throughout the afternoon. I feel detached from the room end what is going on, I feel the lights are too bright, I get a headache, I feel faint, really faint like I'm going to pass out, my vision goes blurry and I feel so so tired. I even feel like I am seeing 'glitter' as I describe it. When I look up at the sky I see something that resembles a fingerprint, and I am so fed up of it happening. I panic because I worry it is low blood sugar and something bad is going to happen so I stuff down lots of sugary foods and drinks when it happens. I don't know what to do. Every now and again I even get dizzy for s second or so, like I am on a boat. I can hardly complete a day at school or go to the supermarket or out shopping. It is controlling my life. Could this be anxiety or is it something else?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You have just described  a full blown panic attack. You need to learn how to properly belly breathe. Mindfulness. Carry around a straw and use that until you learn. You are hyperventalating. I think every person with a panic disorder experienced this and it is horrid. Oddly you can eat ice chips and put them under your tongue it helps quit a bit. Around these attacks you should learn meditation or anything that relaxes you so you can kind of keep your body at a lower level of anxiety in general. Maybe even some kind of medication might be useful with these attacks until you learn cbt and breathing and meditation. I have had anxiety like this and sometimes it is really difficult to abate it. It does cycle itself out if you can properly breath but i feel for you. In all honesty sometimes when these happen i take a low dose of xanax. Not regularly and not constantly because they are addicting.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply! Anxiety can feel so isolating and it's so nice to know that people can relate to how I am feeling, and understand, unlike teachers and adults who tell you to 'suck it up' or 'get your act together'. If only it was that easy! The thing about the hyperventalating is that when I am am feeling dizzy I never notice that I'm overbreathing or feel out of breath or anything like that? I think that's what makes my health anxiety kick in! I will try the belly breathing technique that you said and see how I get on with that. Does CBT work? I went to my doctors years ago and they said I could have medication whilst i was waiting for CBT but I said no to both because I know this sounds awful, but I feel kind of weak having to put medication into my body to stop me from having anxiety. Also there was a 2 year (yes 2 year!!) waitiing list for the CBT and I naively thought i wouldnt need it by then. I don't know what the current waiting list for it is though. I just need some hope that this will go, because it is making me feel so awful. Today, for example, I'm at home in bed when I should be at school because I'm having one of those days where I just can't face it. Undoubtedly, I'll get a reminder of how awful my attendance is when I go back tomorrow. Unfortunately, teachers and people in general don't seem to realise that anxiety and mental illnesses are just as, if nor more, debilitating than physical illnesses. I mean they wouldn't have a go at a child who was off school for breaking their leg would they? *Sigh* the world really has messed up priorities.
    • Posted

The worst thing to do with it is feed into though. Thats why they tell you you have to go. Maybe a oill that you can take as needed to start might be less scary. Like a xanax. But only as needed never daily you do not need to be addicted to medicine. You can buy an audiobook on cbt.they have anxiety cbt for dummies and start it yourself. It exolains whats going kn inside you and things you can do. Pinterest has a bunch of great ideas too. It will come and go as well. Sometimes it can stoo for months then come back. It deoends on life.  Tell attendance in oerson you are getting these oanic attacks where your body is flipping out and you dont know how to calm it down yet to just function at times, but you need to see your GP or doctor and discuss your options. 
  • Posted

i totally understand you because i also feel the same symptoms and i have been dacing anxiety for years now. Everything is lost for me also and i don't know whether i can recover or not. All the other members advised me to visit a doctor but i am scared to do that so. 
    • Posted

I know exactly how you are feeling as regards to not knowing whether you can recover or not, or whether to visit a doctor. Let me tell you this. We can recover. It may seem impossible, but we can do it. How about we make a deal: I'll go to the doctors about my anxiety if you do? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.