Anxiety free from the promise of who?!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I cant beleive how long it has been since i last posted on here..

I used to be in an consant evil cycle of this beast called 'anxiety' every single day. I suffered with every symptom in the book, was at the doctors all the time, always ringing 111 and i've of course had an ECG and all the blood tests.. I did also start CBT therapy. I had some low dose propranolol (beta-blockers) for the physical symptoms but didn't take them that long. I also tried mindless mediation and herbal remedies. None of that seemed to work to help me get rid of this evil. 

As of now I still have anxiety of course but does it effect me like it did? HELL NO! My bad days are like my best days a few months ago! So any of you who think there is no end to this please stay positive! My anxiety used to control my life but now pfttt its like a little dot still present but uselss...

Before my anxiety manifested really bad I wasn't a very 'spirtual' person. But let me tell you in my opinion this is a spirtual problem not just a mental one. Short story short i'm someone who ran to church one day after seeing some strange testimonies online.. (no one in my family is a Christian (majority muslim family), and I wasn't a Christian before my anxiety got really bad) and that's where it all changed. I'f youre hard hearted (stubborn) then this advice of course isn't for you.. There is a higher being out there who DID NOT give us a spirt of fear! If only I knew this a few months ago!! You might think i'm crazy but let me tell you, in the past few months my acting career has been firing off. 3 months ago I was having panic attacks in rehearsals for my show and just this past monday I was on the set of casualty feeling more serenity then I ever have. I believe in the next few years i'll be able to help those with mental health issues and use my influence to help those who are fear strucken. I truly believe God has turned my test into a manifesting testimony, so one day I can use my platform to share it with the world. Let me say it again I AM NOT CRAZY! I also recently stoped therapy because I found a better way. I'm not saying THIS IS THE WAY but in my experience its not breathing exercises, visualiation techniques or other methods and medication that has helped me, but simply praying to God, being in church and reading the Bible. How many of you would believe me if I said there's someone in the spiritual realm that would do all they can to make you feel ANYTHING but happy? So be opened minded and listen to what I have said even as crazy as it sounds. Beleive me i'm not a old school old man who wants you to go confess your sins and sing hymns.. I'm just saying soften your heart and cry out to Jesus or go to a church and speak to a pastor there please. I was at youth church tonight (i'm only 20 lol) and the message was DO MORE FOR THOSE OUT THERE WHO NEED IT! And for one second I remembered how horrible I felt at my worst and knowing I am now pretty much free from it I wanted to share this with you guys cause my journey has been truly amazing. You all one day will see the light believe me people YOU ARE ALL STRONG WETHER YOU THINK IT OR NOT!!!!  If you ever see a actor on the TV talking about overcoming anxiety it well could be me haha! But yeah I felt I needed to share this with you because I always see a lot of folk on here who tried lots of things like myself yet saw no results. If you take what I said seriously your life will change.. Instead of ringing 111 or constatly being at my doctors I can now rely on the creator of all things to bring me peace! (sounds crazy right) BUT IF I CAN DO IT WHATS STOPING YOU? A STUBBORN OR IGNORANT MIND COULD BE STOPPING YOU FROM BEING HEALED FOREVER..if you have a church local go in and speak to a pastor there or if you know anyone is a christian speak to them about it.. Its the best decision I have ever made! I love you all and God bless!!

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? - Matthew 6:26-27

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:6-7

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. - Matthew 11:28-30

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. - John 14:27 

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. - 1 Peter 5:7-8

For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. - 2 Timothy 1:7

Say to those who have an anxious heart, Be strong; fear not! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, with the recompense of God. He will come and save you. - Isaiah 35:4

Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. - Matthew 6:34

1 like, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

im a praying Christian woman. Praying everyday that the lord sees me through this. Sometimes it feels like I'm loosing my mind. Thanks for your inspiring testimony.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Happiness is but a stain upon my brow that I must make smile. I hear a sadness in someones voice and say they would be happy if only me. A wish unfulfilled.

Loneliness closes all around and a heavy mist disturbs my thoughts to make me happier; to no longer to bare innocent guilt and shame of a life that talks too loud to be quite.

Yet, there remains a special song to sing into the void that would have alluded me but just enough to keep away the purple dark; a song written by God that lingers and is keeper of a love that grows to hide my discontent.

This song, a lonely hunter of contentment, swells in my heart with every missed beat. My song welcomes each breath I take in the mornings and on into the night. The melody it makes is a drum rolls heard only in my hearing but too quite to fully understand.

David

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello Fab, your post Is inspiring and I am so glad that you have found peace with the Lord. There are a few of us on this forum that have hepled each other through prayer and support. Someone I directed to the church found the practical support they needed urgently and sat through a service crying. They were welcomed with open arms. God touched their heart and soul. God works in Mysterious ways. He knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows our hearts and minds.

The God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those In any trouble. 2 Cor 1: 3 -4 

Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go. Genesis 28: 15

The joy of the Lord Is your strenght. Neh 8: 10

Bless you my friend. 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up