Anxiety in pregnancy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi don't know if I'm on the right forums really as my anxiety is in pregnancy.

Just wanted abit of advise as it's frustrating really hv came to visit the other day and diagnosed me with low anxiety but I need help I keep worrying that I haven't done things like lock the door or turn me straighteners of, constantly checking things and getting really snappy at my partner luckily I havent snapped at my toddler. The main one I'd that I feel tired n warn out all the time, could really do with some advice from someone that's had the same issue xx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

it's probably good to be a little bit anxious because that way you are ensuring your baby's safety as they grow up It is natural to want to protect your family.

• Posted

Thank you very much I have been told that by friends and family but it's reassuring to hear from someone that doesn't know you thanks for your time it just drives me crazy some days

• Posted

Hi, Bump.

Are you pregnant again? If so, how many weeks?

Or are you afraid to become pregnant because of your toddler?

I'm a midwife and mother of four, and toddlers are very exhausting, even if you're not pregnant.

Keeping a toddler safe is a never-ending job because you don't know what they're going to do next. They have the attention span of a can of baked beans and they're always in a temper about something.

It sounds to me like you're doing a great job.

If you're pregnant again and there's anything you'd like to assk me, please do.

love Tess

• Posted

Yes I have a 2 year old and I'm 32 weeks pregnant really feeling the strain now and don't finish work for 2 more weeks witch I also work with kids thank you for your reply it's really reassuring that I am doing my best

• Posted

Hey, you're doing double your best, darling. No wonder you're exhausted!!  32 weeks pregnant and chasing after a toddler............not to mentiion working with kids!

I wouldn't pay any attention to the Health Visitor, my love. You're doing fine.

Warning - second babies arrive a lot more quickly that firat - be prepared!

You can PM anytime.                    love TESS XXXXXXXXX

• Posted

Thank you so much test your advice had been great will keep updated with the pregnancy hope he doesn't come early lol x

• Posted

I had the same anxiety when I was pregnant with my second, I had a stressful pregnancy, baby was really lazy and I nearly went into labour at 22 and 28 weeks, managed to keep him cooking until 37 weeks, but I used to stress out all the time with one thing and another, I had a 3 year old to and was working, it was hard going, being a mum and a wife is hard enough and then when you add another one sucking the life out of you lol it becomes and almost impossible task, you are sooooo exhausted its unreal, men just don't understand the changes our body go through and how hormonal pregnancy makes us, can be fine one minute then angry, sad or frustrated the next it's all normal! Don't let anyone spoil your pregnancy your doing a fab job x

• Posted

My pregnancy has been stressful baby diagnosed with talipes on 20 week scan so had like 7 scans so far to make-up everything else is OK, which it is, your right about men it can be so frustrating that they don't understand sometimes.

Thank you so much fir the reply x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.