Anxiety induced bleeding ulcer

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been having stomach pain and have been unable to eat for about two weeks. I have never had health anxiety so I thought it was flu bug then last night I started vomiting blood. I apparently have a bleeding ulcer or as they said the worst case senario cancer, but most likely an ulcer. That is how it is being treated, I have lost over 10 pounds in two weeks. Has anyone had an ulcer caused by stress and anxiety?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My Dad did have one when I was younger actually my mother blamed ME for it.

I know better now that she was probably the cause of it!

Anyway, he is still alive to reassure you...just follow the directions...I remember he couldn't drink soda, eat spicey foods...hope you feel better.

• Posted

Unsure how to answer and i had ulcers but  just thought they were bacteria related or something along those line.i had gone from vegan to eating meat and blamed that. . but i do hope now you are getting the proper medical attentiin to fix the ulcers. I would say be careful with NSAIDs or any meds that are hard your stomach. I do hope you feel better soon and wish you a full recovery. Missy my father had ulcers and blamed my brother what you wrote made me laugh! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.