Anxiety & magnesium

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and I read on an anxiety forum that taking magnesium supplements can help?

I bought some tablets earlier today and took my first tablet about a hour ago. I now feel very lightheaded, dizzy and a feeling of dread!!!

Am I supposed to feel this way??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

don't take any phosphate and magnesium supplement unless u have been told by health professional. coz high level of electrolytes can play up with ur heart rate.

• Posted

Really?

My GP showed me today my last blood tests results from November, my magnesium levels were fine and the electrolytes were also fine.

I read that magnesium is good for the nervous system??

• Posted

yes.. i have been told by a&e (ER) doctor that we should not take supplements unless we are low on them. i have palpitations issue so i was so desperate to take magnesium but dr warned me not to as in case of electrolytes imbalance, supplements are given under observation.

• Posted

try meditation if possible instead of supplements
    • Posted

Ok thankyou, I won't take anymore until I've spoken to my GP, thank you

• Posted

I had this same reaction...curious how long it lasted for you. I will not be adding any more supplements without seeing bloodwork that shows I NEED it. I'm still struggling with lightheadedness 36 hours after my last dose. Like it just won't leave my body.

How long didn't your reaction last?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.