Anxiety or Brain Tumor?!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

For the past few weeks I've been worried about having a brain tumor. It started when I had a sinus headache, after the sinus was over I felt a couple bursts or pain (like an ice pick headache) in the left side of my head. Ever since then I've had very mild headaches appear sporadically around that area of the top of my head, some days it didn't occur at all. Howver, recently in the past 4 days I developed a stong feeling of nausea like i'm going to vomit, and this happens all day, along with that sometimes on my scalp on the top of my head I feel a tingling sensation. The nausea is not coming down and I'm just seriously worried I have a brain tumor or something, however some places also say that anxiety could simply be the cause of all this. Anyone else have/had this problem? Is it a tumor or just anxiety?!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I get this a lot, I had a really bad sinus and ear infection and I think that may be the cause. If you've recently had sinus pain, you could just have chronic sinusitis, it's all ear nose throat, they're all connected, and if you're sinuses are flared up, you could have ear problems with it which can cause dizziness.
  • Posted

I used to get this all the time tension headaches are my most common anxiety symptoms,your nausea will be because your worrying and that will cause tension in your body.I get that worried I end up at a&e and have had numerous ct scans of my brain which are always clear and then my anxiety goes.my doctor always tells me a brain Tumour would not just cause headaches alone,you would have other signs like loss of balance,weakness,speech difficulty etc
  • Posted

Migraine headaches come in every shape, form and fashion. The classic one is the ice pick in behind your eye, nausea. It's also possible you've got a migraine headache on top of a sinus infection. Off to the ENT with you. 

I think it's safe to say it's not a brain tumor. 

Pain like you describe are not symptoms of a brain tumor. Your symptoms would show up more like the whole body is effected. Muscle weakness, balance, dizziness, difficulty speaking, blurred vision, mental confusion, sleepness, difficulty speaking.( Mayo Clinic ) Not that severe headaches, and your nausea don't really make you miserable and is scary to you. I would think it's a really severe sinus problem. Not only do you have sinuses on both sides of your face, you also have them behind your forehead above your nose. If it was me. I'd first try a neti pot with warm water and salt. Take some regular asprin. Try to relax. Get someone to give you a good neck, shoulder massage. The nausea might be from the sinus drainage down into your stomach. You know your sinuses both empty into your throat, and down to the stomach. 

• Posted

Are you a male? Your name is from South Park so not sure haha. However, you may want to get and MRI just in case. I hag anxiety for 4 months and eventually got an MRI... And it was a benign pituitary tumor. These aren't usually dangerous but they do cause mood changes and headaches in men.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.