Anxiety or depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

Um just curious whether people take cit for depression or anxiety or both? I was initially on for depression but recently circumstances caused anxiety so my doc said could increase to help. After a wk I felt gd but now stress making anxiety come back. Hoping after things settle in my life this will go again.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am on it for anxiety and panic attacks which in turn have made me depressed! I've only been on them a week today started on 10mg and just took my first 20mg this morning. I must say the last week has been hard lots of hot flushes sleeping really bad and waking up with the worst nervous energy through my whole body I had to take serepax 7.5mg I break a 15mg one in half just to take the edge off so I can go about my day with my two small kids. What mg are you on and how long have you been on it? I just take a while to kick in I took it 3 years ago but don't remember the side effects being this bad. I hope we both feel better soon.
    • Posted

I've been on 20mg for several years always helped with depressive feelings but had odd panic attack. Two wks ago increased to 30mg. First wk awful had nausea,tiredness,headaches. Then for a couple days felt great so did lots stuff as we r moving next wk. then got tired again and anxiety come back. Better today but still tired. My problem is no matter when I go to sleep I wake around 4.30-5 and struggle to go back to sleep. But I know the cit works just need to address my tiredness. Took 5mg Valium that mum gave me last night got to sleep quick but still woke early.
    • Posted

It sucks doesn't it! I don't have a problem falling to sleep but sleep so light and am awake from 3am. It's like as soon as I wake all the anxiety washes over me and that's it I can't get back to sleep. Even if I manage to have a day sleep I wake with the same anxiety I'm really hoping the cit kicks in soon.

Maybe your a bit more anxious because your moving etc that can be a very stressful time.

• Posted

I waa exactly the same every morning. But it has improved. Something that's helped me my massage therapist advised is using a meditation app on my ph when I wake early to just help relax. Seems to work. I have two kids too they r old enough to look after themselves mostly but still gotta get them to school Etc. I'm hoping the anxiety and tiredness goes soon after we move too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.