Anxiety or Panic Disorder?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all....38 yr male.  My dr told me im suffering from anxiety.  Out of the blue, my body would feel very nervous an I become very worried.  When this happens, im not in a sitation that stresses me out, I can be sitting on the couch and out of nowhere I get this feeling.  Dr started me on Lexapro.any thoughts.  Thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

How long has this been lasting for? And do you feel internal tremors?
    • Posted

What causes the inner tremors?? I get those and it makes me feel like I'm going to go crazy.

• Posted

worried feeling started a few months ago....just started feeling inner tremers only in the morning when waking up in bed.  Very minor though
    • Posted

I get those in the early morning...i think its a side efect rom the lexpro.
  • Posted

Lexapro is an anti depressant. If you have been diagnosed with anxiety, I would ask my doctor about why not an anti anxiety med. I understand they are two different things. My sister and my niece at some time needed drugs to help them through some tough times, and both were, put on both drugs...as they do two different things in the body.

No way am I saying your doctor was wrong, but I would be curious. I learned the hard was that the doctor isn't always right. So, you might want to check it out. I'm glad you are on something to help, now just make sure it's the very best thing for anxiety.

Even on anti anxiety meds a lot of people, including me, need to change drugs or dosage to find the perfect one, as all our bodies are different in the way they respond to a med. . The med I'm on calms the anxiety, but ups my energy.

You are wise to ask for info. and you are in the right place. Everyone in this forum is dealing with anxiety to some degree. You will get a lot of support here.

Some things you can do for yourself are,  controlled breathing (ck.google for this). get exercise, and if you don't have one get a hobby that you really like to shift your focus if having a bad moment.

Let us know how you are doing, mj.wink

• Posted

Dr said even though lexapro is an anti depressant its works very well for anxiety. I been feeling pretty well on it. 
    • Posted

I'm very glad to hear that. Good for you for checking it out. I'm glad it's working well for you. Thanks for letting me know, mj.wink

• Posted

Were you depressed prior? Thinking a lot or feeling blue prior. Sometimes after a few years of feeling down (depressed but nor realizing it) anxiety sets in. So its not really out of the blue its just hit a point where it finally triggered anxiety. I dont know if that was your case but many times it plays out that way. See if the meds work, it seems to take a few weeks until the blood levels out but maybe that will help you. You should still seek therapy of aome sort..even if its cbt. They sell cbt workbooks online just to learn how to properly the overthinking thoughts and symptoms properly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.