Anxiety Question

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello,

When I read people's post on there troubles etc. Do anxiety make you have symptoms all day everyday forever or when people talk about their symptoms is it just when their anxiety hits and then it goes away when their anxiety calms down?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello,

I am no expert as I have only just been diagnosed and I am on a waiting list for CBT but... I have good days, bad days and even worse days. So for me it is situation dependant. I guess it depends what triggers your Anxiety as it can be all kinds of different things but it doesn't mean it will affect you 24/7 I don't think. I hope you manage to control it and overcome it like I hope to.

Kayleigh

• Posted

with anxiety there can different types of it, it all depends on what triggers the anxiety, your own mind can trigger it or crowded places or fear it all depends.

My husband suffers with anxiety, if he is with me alone he is calm, but with people he doesnt know his anxiety is dominant, he cant even talk on the phone to people, so it all depends on the individual , hope this helps a little

• Posted

yes hun,but it doesnt take much to trigger it, sounds stupid but if he drop the milk or remote its like the biggest thing ever to happen and he gets all worked up
  • Posted

Slow down... breathe. 

I'm not sure what your question is. 

There are several types of Anxiety disorders.

Generalized Anxiety Disorder. This is just "free floating" random anxiety that is pretty much with you most of the time to some degree. Nothing has to set it off.

Panic Disorder - you have a bad episode where you feel like you'll die, and have a heart attack and you're going crazy. It goes away and then it's over. 

Does that help any?

• Posted

I feel you are being very short with the people who are taking the time to try and answer your question to understand and help you.

What we have all tried to say is that Anxiety is a very general term and it is very different for different people, it can take on many different forms.

When you say you feel 'normal' that again depends what your own/ anyone elses interpretation of what normal is and how often you feel more at ease. Like I said for me that depends on who I am with or what situation I am in at the time.

• Posted

Yes. This is the first time I have seen someone be so curt to people who have stopped, read, and bothered to write what they think is a good answer from their own knowledge base. This is such a good community of sharing and caring. I'm sorry, but I begin to stop caring and just move on. 
  • Posted

I don't mean to come off rude. The reason I ask is because over last summer I overdosed on adderal which through me into a huge panic attack in which I never had one before. After I went through about 3-4 months of hell where I did not feel like myself. After I felt back to normal I got on phentermine to help weight loss. After two weeks of taking it I stopped because I realized it was another amphetamine and I didn't want to go through the hell I went through from the adderal. Five days later I figured ok I can just go on a thermogetic. I didn't realize that they too have a bunch of stimulants and crap in them. On day 4 of taking it my like system flipped out and it's been almost a month and I still don't feel back to normal yet. I don't get anxiety to where I think I have a serious problem or that I'm gonna die, I really don't even worry about how I am feeling but I am hyper focusing on it because well I don't feel normal
  • Posted

yes u can still experience anxiety symptoms when calm i do rolleyes
    • Posted

Has it ever gone away for you? The symptoms?
    • Posted

But I mean like you feel normal at times still correct
    • Posted

not really i mean rarley. since thats what. generalized anxiety disorder is. i have derealization shortness of breath. racing thoughts sadness dont feel like myself but im also depressed
    • Posted

So you just worry about everything?
    • Posted

um i guess lol that is what anxiety is

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.