Anxiety symptoms? ?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Along with the racing heart beat, shakes, constant fear of dying or going crazy does anybody else get a feeling of being detached from their own body and everything around them is unreal?

I cannot explain this very good but when ever I go out I sort of feel trapped in my body I look around and houses seem to be in 2d nothing seems real and then the panic attack hits me.

Does anybody else get this or am I really going crazy

Xx

1 like, 49 replies

49 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I feel detached all the time.
    • Posted

Can I ask how you explain it please?

Are u on any medication for this?

• Posted

like when i wash my face i feel its just splashing water instead of washing it.  When i go to the toilet i feel i am wasting time there waiting for bowel movement. i am so impatient i cant finish cooking a full dish. Whe i am looking at others itslike i am in a time capsule and looking out of my body but cant relate to anyone

• Posted

I can relate to you.

I get it all day every day since taking my meds its worse.

Its like there is a glass wall between me and the world and I cant get past it

Im also impatient.

Do you have any coping mechanisms x

• Posted

im the same, really restless, cant concentrate on anything at the moment, constantly pacing and thinking about why im feeling like this, and what could be wrong with me, its constantly like this 24/7 as soon as i wake up,ive been on citalopram 10 for about 3 weeks now, i think perhaps its not working, dont know whether to come off or stay on,
    • Posted

i do feel better as the day goes on, i have to see to everything at night cos i know that i wont be able to do anything the following day,what other side effects did you have when you started taking cit?
    • Posted

My anxiety is through the roof if i have to leavs the house. Im trying to get a couple of weeks off work while I adjust as thinking about going to work puts me in a panic.

I have terrible dry mouth feel sick all day never hungry any more I also get the occasional headache through the day that lasts around an hour.

Im on day 7 2day had a good day yesterday.

Dr is keeping me on 10mg for another month. Said ive done the hardest part the next 3 weeks will be the same but in 12 weeks I will feel the full effect of the cit.

Only taking diazepam when I really need to id I feel my self panic or start to I go for a lie down check my pulse (I don't know why) lol and breathe through my tummy if that doesnt help I take a diazepam.

When do you take ur meds? I take mine around 5/6 pm n always feel panicky about 7/8 xx

• Posted

i take them in the mornings around 10 and im really sleepy in the afternoons, ive cut down to 5 mg the last few daays feeling really spaced out with weak feelings in my legs, i dont know if im suffering withdrawal symptons or my anxietys worse, i too am not hungry anymore,cant concentrate cos these anxiety symptons are on my mind 24/7
    • Posted

apart from the panic, do you have other symptons of anxiety? ive had this health anxiety for 5 months now, following a bad bout of labyrhinitis, i was convinced i had a brain tumour, which put me in a panic, things got worse from there, stress, panic and now this,i can tolerate nausea headaches and dry mouth but this derealisatioñs scary
    • Posted

ive had that spaced out feeling on and off these last few months but seems to have got worse since i started taking the meds, thats why im trying to come off them, to see if from them or my anxiety, ive been on them for 20 odd days, i wanted to up to 20mg but the thought of the side effects put me in a panic, how qas your anxiety triggered?
    • Posted

ive suffered from health anxiety many times throughout my life, but i managed to control it somehow, but this time it seems out of my control, perhaps cos of its severity and the multiple symptons, plus the panic attacks, never had them this bad before, whatever i try to do to not think about them, theyre constantly somewhere in the back of my mind. is your panic worse at night or do you have it as soon as you wake up? and does it continue throughout the day?
    • Posted

Im constantly in a tizzy to be honest

Im always worried something bad is going to happen its always bad.

Like im going to die or im going crazy or that something really bad will happen any minute to me

I dont know what causes me to panic as to be quite honest I have a good life a beautiful family.

I had some personal problems over the past few weeks my dr thinks the trauma of the situation has triggered it and this is how my body and brain reacts to trauma.

I take my meds an hour later my anxiety is through the roof I cant sit still and then I sometimes have a panic attack.

Im okish in the morning sometimes no day is the same to be honest.

If I keep myself busy I tend to put everything to the back of my mind its when I stop or try to leave the house I get really bad.

My meds will get worse in the next few weeks it takes 4 weeks for the brain to adjust and 8-12 weeks for the full effect of the medication to work xx

• Posted

You have to really be calm wen cooking. I only had this anxiety for 6 weeks so getting to grips with managing the detachment is new.
    • Posted

no matter what i do or where i am, my anxietys there to remind me i have it, yeah i hate going out cos im scared i might go dizzy or pass out or something, as soon as i go out the thoughts there telling me im feeling off balance and i might pass out, my house is my safety zone at the mo.. and if i go out i dont go far from the house, do you ever get a feeling of off balance when youre out? or you might pass out?
    • Posted

what other anxiety symptons are you experiencing apart from your panic? i too am restless, cant sit still, i pace from one rnd of the room to the other, cant be bothered to do anything no motivation, just wanna think, why i ended up like this,
    • Posted

last year i too had personal problems which lead to long term stress, which lead to anxiety, worry and now panic, the smallest thought that comes into my mind sends my heart racing,
    • Posted

do you make excuses or cancel appts, cos ure scared of leaving the house, ive been like that lately cos i think that something might happen on the way,like i might pass out or have a heart attack,
    • Posted

I always feel that im off balance that im gonna fall over or pass out it scares me to death that i dont want o go anywere anymore<(>

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.