any advice appreciate!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have yo-yod with my weight im 26yo and bmi at 32! I have 4 st to loose, asked my doctor for help and she prescribed me orlistat, i have downloaded my fitness pal to help me keep track. But iv been reading so many reviews and im so apprehensive!

I have used them today and stuck by my calories and not ate anything over 5 grams of fat. Im always out and about, the horror stories of being caught short, the accidents from side effects have me so paranoid! Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated, iv tried slimming classes and no joy im a gready bugger i need the restriction from this pill. Foods recommended to eat for busy mum? Meal ideas? Anything at all that will support me on my journey....i can see myself being glued to this forum during my journey. Thank you x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

im also 26 and was 15Stonne 6lb so needed to lower my BMI. Jacket potatoes are the best tip i would share for quick easy meal, no butter tho, i like tuna which is low fat and low Cal and found a low Cal Mayo in ALDI and Heinz do a 70% less fat salad cream too i started my journey in Jan and so far lost 2 stonne but i have done zero exercise as i have mobility issues feel free to message me, also i have doen a post about not just watching Fat on Orlistat
    • Posted

Well done you! Thats fantastic!

I actually had a jacket potato tonight with salad, beans, cooked ham and a low fat spoonfull of coleslaw. Its lunches i struggle with ideas. I do moderate excerise, im on my feet for 4 hours a night at work and walk the dogs for half hour.

Iv never used these tablets before, im going onto my forth day tomorrow, not had any side effects yet although i have been following a low fat diet as the side effects had me in a tizzy! I just hope these work for me, as iv yo yod with my weight since having my children and im at my biggest, so uncomfortable and lack confidence now .....but on the right road with good supporr xx

• Posted

Hi just wondered how its been for you since starting the Orlistat as I started my prescription yesterday. xxx
    • Posted

Hey, iv been on them for 10 days now, i have been absolutely fine, they make me more aware of what i am eating, iv been making better choices and using my fitness pro alongside to keep track of calories and fat. I weighed myself on day 7 and had lost 2lb.

I had a laps at the weekend and experinced the oil but was fine....prosecco made me munch opps!

• Posted

I'm struggling with making better choices I keep thinking I'm doing it right, then my fitness instructor said to cut out carbs as I'm trying to get rid of the fat in my tummy especially since having my implant removed and gaining 3 stone, I don't really eat fatty foods it's more bread and sweet foods, the doctor gave me Orlistat as my BMI is classed as obese. I'm 12st 12 and 5ft3

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.