Any advice for aching joints

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am suffering with aching joints, even on top of my feet. I have rubbed ibuprofen gel in them but don't want to keep using it. Also at night I sleep with a wheat pillow round my ankles as heat gives relief. Has anyone else got any tips for some relief please? Oh yes, and it helps too when hubby rubs my feet or applies slight pressure on my wrist bones.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Red,

Are you HRT and feeling these symptoms.

• Posted

Yes Yasmin

on premique low dose which alleviated all symptoms but because out of stock now on Kliovance. Aching joints have got worse.

• Posted

I stopped my HRT last year and my menopausal symptoms took over my life and my osteoarthritis was worse. Since starting on Premarin just before Christmas my joints are much better and so are my menopausal symptoms 
  • Posted

I also had aching joints, I put it down to a bunion op in 2015 and a change of posture, however, a blood test revealed a fairly hefty vitamin B12 deficiency, (280) your minimum levels should be 550 - 1000. I had 6 loading injections over 3 weeks and now also take sublingual B12 supplements, my levels are up to 890. The aching joints have really alleviated. I was also on Premique low dose but like everyone else, can't get it, UK GP has given me Premarin and Norethisterone as a combination that supposedly has the same properties as Premique but my Gyne here in Spain is going to find an alternative to taking 2 pills instead on 1, will keep you all posted with the name of that. Red.........try to get a blood test to determine your B12 levels, our bodies can't absorb the nutrients as we get older (I am 63) and we need some extra. I feel sooooo different in 3 months it's extraordinary! 
    • Posted

sandra that's really interesting about vitamin B12 levels. I'm 63 in June so I think I might start taking the vitamin. I'm not sure our wonderful NHS will fund the blood test but it's definitely worth asking.
    • Posted

Thanks Sandra, I will mention this to my GP and see if I can get a blood test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.