Any advice on afib please.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed today with afib at the emergency area of the hospital. i dont have insurance and am goin to set an appointment to see if theres anything that can be done im 29 years old and always just thought it was anxiety untill last month i had my first afib attack. i had one ahain today where i thought i was having a heart attack and it lasted a couple of hours. i know everyones situation is differnt but i was wondering how often anyone else expierences these scary attacks. any advice would be greatly apprieciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Ok- do you smoke? Drink? Smoke other things apart from nicotine? Are you overweight, normal or underweight?
  • Posted

Hello Stephanie, it's hard to know what to say because everybody's experience is different, but I just discovered the web site StopAfib org which covers the whole subject very thoroughly. You might find that helpful. 

All the very best. Sheila.

• Posted

Hi Stephanie,

I was diagnosed with afib about 2 years ago and I was put on B blockers. In my case, the afib was triggered by stress with no heart anomalies, and it lasted days or weeks after the trigger. B blockers controlled the symptoms in a way, but I wanted to find an alternative way of treatment. After a long search and many trials, I have used an herbal tea made of motherwort plant. It has been used since ancient times to treat heart diseases. It works well in my case. I can say that it works even better than B blockers, and above all, it is natural. The only inconvenient is that it is very bitter, but I combine it mostly with other herbs beneficial to heart like hibiscus, peppermint, and chamomile. Again, in my case afib was triggered by stress, with no anomalies of the heart.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.