Any bacterial vaginosis help?

Posted , 54 users are following.

Hello. For two years now I've been suffering from bacterial vaginosis. I seriously wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. All throughout high school I've worried myself sick wondering if others could smell me. My symptoms consist of the awful fishy smell, and thick white discharge.

The doctors have put me on antibiotics so many times that they don't even work anymore. and It ALWAYS come back within a week. They even put me on metronidazole gel for 4 months and instead of getting better it got worse! 

As for home remedies I've tried, the main two were douching 50/50 with hydrogen peroxide and water. I did this twice a week and it kept the smell away, however after a few months it kept coming back quicker and my stomach started hurting everytime I douched so I stopped. I've also tried Femdophilus and various combinations of vitamins and minerals, all of which have done nothing. The next was boric acid capsules. I've been using them for the past six months and I can't go 5 days after using one without it coming back. I need to stop now because long term use can potentially cause kidney problems. I'm very scared now because I have exhausted all my options.

I'm only 16 and I can't even think about going back

to school in a couple weeks smelling like a fish. My mom doesn't even believe me anymore when I tell her. I've also failed every BV test they've given me at the doctors, so they don't believe me anymore either. I've spent the past two years crying and depressed.

PLEASE if anyone can help me, please do. I'm going to start inserting vitamin c tablets tonight to try that out. Has it worked for anyone? Please help, I can't live like this anymore.

2 likes, 79 replies

79 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Why don't you try rephresh it puts a lining on your inside which lasts for 72 hoursits a small pill that you insert using an applicator this is the only thing that has worked for me, I used two of them over 6 days and no bv for a few weeks now. I have also cut out sweets and coke and now eat fruit, veg and salad. I know its tough I haven't told anyone I have it which makes it worse. Sit down with your mum and tell her how upset you are. Try to get the rephresh I promise it will get rid of the smell which will restore your confidence.
    • Posted

I'm going to try to cut our soda and bad stuff to see if it helps. Thank you!
    • Posted

I have cut out all wheat and pretty much follow the alkaline diet. I thought cutting out coke would be impossible but it wasn't. I test my pH levels every day it started around 5 but after a smoothie and salad almost reaches 8 it has took a few weeks but I am no longer checking constantly whether I smell. My daughter can't believe how healthy the fridge looks after a life of ready meals she suffers from bad skin and even she can see the benefits.
    • Posted

What product of Rephresh have you been using ?
    • Posted

I have been suffering from BV for several months now , after 2 trials of antibiotics and 1 trial of a suppository it will not go away so I bought florajen acidophilus probiotics from a local pharmacy and I also got the Rephresh Vaginal Gel, not the Clean Balance Douche. I used it for the first time yesterday and I can already notice an little improvement.
    • Posted

Good evening I. Wen suffering from bv to and my doctor gave me the medicine for it and it was a 7 days med and I still since a little odor what should I use being that I just finish the meds. Should I use the rephresh gel or should I use vagsil
  • Posted

Hi Elsie yes try green tea sweetened with raw honey.  Drink this about 3 times  a day. This has cured me. Use use green tea leaves soak then in hot water filter out the leaves then let cool for a bit and add a tablespoon of raw honey.

Within a couple of days it was gone and I keep drinking it and it has not returned. 

Hope it works for you x

• Posted

Hi, I am like always really wet and slippery, but itchy down there, you said Green Tea, how about Peppermint Herbal Tea? The reason is, Green tea makes me so hyper, like coffee. Plus I am going to try Rephresh.
  • Posted

Elise of you're having sex at all stop.  This will also help.  And if you don't stop insist that he wears a condom. I've found that most of my bv's have come from semen and it seems to never go away. I feel horrible that you're experiencing this at such a young age. I know how self conscious I am about it as an adult so I really feel for you. Grey a little pack of baby wipes to carry with you and panty liners.  This will help at school.  
    • Posted

Thanks. I'm still a virgin and at this point I will probably be forever.
    • Posted

Poor thing,  I'm praying this will all get better for you and and every other woman dealing with this issue.  It's definetly a nightmare. I'm so thankful my partner is understanding. 
    • Posted

Thank you so much! It makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone.
    • Posted

I'm 15 and I'm pretty sure I have be as i have all I the symptoms... And it makes me so self conscious as I don'T want People want to be able to smell the "fishy" smell... I Have a boyfriend and I'm still a virgin. I have Had this for about a for year now and I want it to go. It gets embarrassing when my boyfriend can smell it after things start getting more serious and he's mentioned it a couple of times and idk how to tell him... Any advice please 😪😪
    • Posted

There are all types of issues that us women have to deal with. If our PH levels are off by a little bit it wrecks havoc on our bodies. I have suffered from BV and yeast infections since I was about your age. I'm 35 now. Just recently is started taking rephresh pro bio. It's a little pill you take one time a day every day. I take it every day now. It helps keep my pH regulated to prevent bv and yeast infections. I also use the vaginal gel every once in a while when I start not feeling so fresh. After sex or my period or a strenuous workout. Also cut out a lot of wheat and processed foods. It has changed my life.

• Posted

when you get your medicine take 4 pills at one time then finish the rest of your medicine one in the morning and one at night. No alcohol up to 4 days after. If your boyfriend been sexing you, make him get some medicine to take while your taking yours. They say it dont effect them but the bacterial seeps into their pee hole... If he don't got medicine make him ejaculate 3 times before you have sex with him again. Make sure your not getting re infected over and over because of him. If he is the carrier you cant stay cured. Let me know what happened. No sex. No alcohol. Use the replenish from Wal-Mart or Walgreens etc. The night you start this regiment.

I hope i helped . Im not a doctor, just a crazy person . 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.