Any body awake.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Was told that Hosp would manage pain but the painkillervi got at eleven has not kicked in. Gonna be a long night.

4 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi, do you have a buzzer that you can call a nurse? They should be able to give you more by now. Please don't suffer in silence x
  • Posted

Keep pressing that buzzer. They will look after u. Hope ur ok pet. 
  • Posted

You must call nurse and tell them- you can have orimorph very frequently

I used to shout as soon as effect wore off and they would bring me another dose

Don't suffer - no need

xx

• Posted

Gave oxy contin. And it made me sick. Just panadol in the drip.
  • Posted

Yes!! I am here....
    • Posted

Hi Ian

How are you doing?

Had my first two hours kip of the night and now my 2 usual hours of being awake. Always some niggling little pain somewhere isn't there? In my ankle of all places tonight!

Just going to switch on TV or might watch Coronation

St on iPlayer as I missed it earlier

Had a good day today -seemed to be up and about most of day -  tried a few tentative steps without crutches - not yet ready but haven't got that awful lurching limp anymore -just need time that's all

What have you been up to today?

linda xx

• Posted

Got oramorph and 2 hours sleep interrupted by bp monitor an things on legs. Wide awake again as someone's bp monitor did a bit of wai!ing. Thank God for tablet and WiFi

• Posted

Hi Linda I think I over did it roo the family out in the car to Garstang by the river and the camera for the first time since the operation, it was very hot, 26 here in NW, but my left leg is getting so painful I can hardly get about now, I need to call the hospital and tell them whats going on, see if I can get it done sooner than wait too long..staying in today...

There was no wifi at the Vic in Blackpool but the TV was free, I read a lot and listen to the IPod with my v cool cans.

Hope you are well today.  Ian.

• Posted

good morning again ... good that you had some hours of sleep - and had a good pee by now ... 

thinking of you - warm hug

renee

• Posted

Drugs working. Fell asleep there with TV on and feel almost human. Waiting for physio to get me out of bed now. My bum will be glad of a rest.lovely cup of coffee and gingernuts too.
    • Posted

biggrin   good - happy to hear this - baby steps, darling ... baby steps - I  sincerely hope that your physical therapist is nice ... I had one who could have worked in the army ... drill sergeant - following day I had an angel ... 

both female ... let us know of your progress okay ... 

• Posted

Hi attractac

How has today gone? Are you settling into hospital life and have you got some pleasant chums on your ward

Only 4 on ward I was on in Coventry

Hope pain has lessened today for you . As Renee says take things step by step.Small steps equal big strides in the long term

Hope you have a peaceful night and don't forget to shout if you are in pain

Night times are the worst for all of us

Great big hugs Linda xx💖

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.