Any help please. Gall bladder 😕

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. I have had problems with my stomache for nearly 2 years now. Doc diagnoised me with ibs after little investigation. A few weeks ago I got a constant pain just under my rib cage to the right. It was tender to touch and i couldnt bed over It hurt so much made me feel sick.

It got so bad I went to A&E. They gave me a blood test and xray. Diagnoised gastrotis. They gave me antiacids with seemed to work a little.

I am now still in pain with added pain in my back inbetween my shoulder blades. I have really bad smelling gas every night all night....AND I MEAN BAD!! Wakes me up it smells so bad. I have got a thick white/orange coloured coating on my tongue also.

I am not constipated but find it difficult to go. Also my poo smells really bad and it is shiny and sloppy but hard to pass.

Sorry for the grafic detail but this aspect of it is making me really depressed.

I am awaiting a appointment for a scan as the doctor wants to check for gall stones.

If any body can shed some light on these symptoms i would be very greatfull for your help.

Thanks melony x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Could be gallstones. A low fat diet will help.

Hope you get this sorted

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah xx

• Posted

Hi

It could be gallbladder or it could be gastritis - either way you should be referred tor an ultrasound scan of your abdomen and an endoscopy (camera down your throat to take a look at your stomach) which will help determine which of them is causing the problem.   It is possible though to have gallbladder problems and the ultrasound to come back normal  If gallbladder problems are still suspected you would then need a Hida scan to determine whether your gallbladder is working or not.  I had my gallbladder removed in April as it was only working at 8% - I was initially diagnosed with gastritis and my ultrasound was normal (no stones) but the Hida scan was abnormal.  Smelly poo may be a sign that there is an infection.

Hope you get it sorted soon

• Posted

Pain from gallstones is a severe pain that starts and within minutes is excrutiating pain that is to the right of the stomach under the ribs and radiating through the back / shoulder . It lasts any thing up to 4 hours and you will know you have it as the pain is indescribable . You can have clammy skin/ sweating and feel sick or actually be sick . usually the intense waves of pain are caused by a stone trapped due to eating a high fat meal . It usually dissipates and you will be left feeling sore for a few days .

If , however, you have a persistent gnawing pain / ache in the middle where your ribs meet above your stomach then this is different and is an inflammation of the lining of the stomach and you need meds to control the acid and stop the stomach being irritated .

I have had both and have recently had my gall bladder removed . I also take anti acid meds for the stomach .

Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.