Any ideas?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Haven't been well for 14yrs and only ever been given m.e/cfs as a diagnosis. I won't bore you with all my symptoms over the years but these are the bloods that have came back abnormal.

EBV LgG reactive

ANA showed positive nuclear antibodies with homogenous HEp2 pattern.

Outranged serum lipids

Alt high on lft.

Low Vit D

CCP antibody weakly positive

IgM slightly raised

High rheumatoid factor.

Lesions on brain scan.

I have saw 2 rheumatologists a immunologist and a neurologist and no one can tell me what i have wrong with me.

Any ideas?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've been the same ,not been well for 10 yrs ,began with a virus ,I've also been told it's left me with an autoimmune out of whack ,had flu like symptoms,but never leaves .Brought symptoms of menopause back onto me for 2 nd time ,( not uncommon ) also have tinnitus and bad allergies ,

I hope someone answers you as to what you've placed ,may help me and answers I would love to get on Autoimmune that's gone pear shaped .Ive recently got a book written by a Dr who had probs ,autoimmune ,Dr Amy Myer .May want to look her up .hers turned out to be Lupus .

• Posted

ME/CFS is a common misdiagnosis for McArdle Disease. And your bood results would largely fit. Do you have muscle sypmtoms?, especially heavyness, pain or cramps on exercise/activity? Did you have a Creatine Kinase (CK) blood test and was it raised? Say say symptoms for 14 years but how old are you? Try reading the page that leads you through questions on thr GSD-UK web site. Google "agsd-uk mcardle disease" should find it.
  • Posted

If it is general exhaustion rather than cramping and/or pain in the muscles that you are using, then I think you can forget McArdle's. Also McArdle's people once diagnosed can look back and identify symtoms starting from under age 10. No doubt ME/CFS is a common misdiagnosis for many other things as well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.