Any ideas

Posted , 5 users are following.

Finally got my date for rectocel and perionoscopy ( hope I spelt it right) 3Rd November, has anyone got any experience of this and if so what advice can you give on things to take to hospital and recovery tips etc. I an 55 and take warfarin( I had a pulmanaryb embolism 13 years ago and as I had already had 2 dvt s am on it for life now. I have to stop my meds for 4 days before op. I am going away at Xmas to Spain and my surgeon says I will have lots of time to recover, what are your thoughts and any tips to help recovery would be most welcome and appreciated as I am slightly worried. Thankyou in advance all you caring people

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I hi Lynne I have had a Anteria & posteria repair at the end of Aug 16 in just coming up to 8 weeks just starting to feel more myself still quite site down below . But so much better I still feel tiered in a afternoon and I'm 48 . I still have stitches inside that have not dissolved yet , but hoping they will soon . I am also going away at Xmas to Benidorm and hoping to be feeling on top form by then . Good luck with your op I took a little hand held fan into hospital with me panty liners a good book . The fan was fab as it gets so warm in the hospital beds it is a little god send X any meds you take too X

• Posted

Hi lynn,

I am having my surgery on the 7th november so will keep an eye on your post for some advice!

Good luck with your surgery and i wish i was going to spain to recover!

Keep us all updated on your progress. Best of luck.

Brie x

• Posted

Thanks brie, I am so nervous, as you see on the posts everybody has different experiences just hope mines a good one, will repost more info when had surgery.

Take care

X

• Posted

Surgery July 14th Just last week After seeing my doctor He said everything is fine These last 3 months 80% Was total hell They tell you that recovery is only 6 to 8 weeks That's a lie I am just starting to feel myself as a blessed week The key to this recovery And to make the surgery work Is don't do nothing You will only be able to move around a little bit at a time Especially the first two weeks after surgery Don't let Nothin But a cup of coffee Don't bend Don't drive Don't walk anywhere far Because the bottom half of your body feels like it's falling off Not trying to scare you guys But this is the worst surgery I've ever had in my whole life It's worth it now I'm very satisfied I can do anything But the key is don't lift Don't strain yourself don't bend and if you feel it your body will let you know lay down and put your legs upSo enjoy the first two weeks Or the first two months of doing nothing Because if you want this to work Definitely can't do nothing Good luck

• Posted

Luckily I have a fab husband and he has already said to me I am not to do a single thing, he has even got a water boiler so if I want to make my self a drink I will not even have to lift a kettle, just hope I heal as well as I did when I had my hysterectomy in 1997 I was back at work after 6 weeks and was fine. Thanks for your reply dianelou. Glad you are fit and happy about your outcome now fingers crossed for me please xxx
  • Posted

If you travel soon after surgery, be sure to ask for assistance at the airports. You will probably have to call your travel agent to do this. It's easier than trying to ask for help at the airports if it's already on your documents. I travelled alone to OZ about four months after a rectocele and managed quite well but did need the help as we're not supposed to lift heavy stuff like luggage. You always have to be careful after this type of surgery, for ever if you don't want to have it done again. Hope all goes well for you. Best wishes Pollyanna rolleyes

• Posted

Thanks pollyanna will defo get help just hope the flight is comfy xx take care
    • Posted

Let us know how you get on. Also meant to say, I was advised to use compression socks to prevent DVT's as it's soon after abdominal surgey. they worked for me! x rolleyes

• Posted

Thankyou tip about fan is great and panty liners as I use them now but thought I may have to take towels for the bleeding, is the bleeding heavy? As I am usually on warfarin I have never had to Ware the pressure socks before but will ask the question. I will let you know how I fare in the coming op, thankyou Lynn x
    • Posted

My bleeding after the rectocele repair was very light as I'd had hysterectomy several years previous. I think it would be a good idea to take your favourite towels just in case. Good idea to ask surgeons about the pressure socks!

Night night, xsmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.