Any one diagnosed gone gluten and dairy free?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all you lovley people.

So those who have read my recent posts.

I recently been diagnosed sarc of the lymth nodes around heart and in my lungs.

Question is have any of you gone gluten/dairy free

I have decided to give it a try but finding it really hard to find any food i actually like.

Not only that ..this alternative to milk business. Vile.

Why cant i find one that actually tastes simular to milk. I know they say it my taste will adapt. But even a sip makes me gag!

Last but not least. Have any of you who have tried it felt like it has helped. 1st week and i already feel like caving!!!! Haha!!! Go me and my very crap will power x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Yes, I have found that if I go dairy free it helps to settle my stomach.

I used soy milk and almond milk. Do not drink these expecting them to taste the same as milk as they are not milk. Drink expecting it to be a new taste and you will enjoy more.

Also recently went of bread (gluten) mainly for weight reduction which worked well.

When I stopped doing this the weight came back on, so I am back to no bread or carbs hoping for a better me.

Regards

Tangles

• Posted

If you go dairy free???

The soya and almond milk even if someone else drinks it would nake me feel sick its actually vile i think if i am to go dairy free will have to just loose the milk all together!

Bread is my downfall but im eating gluten free bread and butter so thats a start a suppose! I cant cut it out as im struggling with this gluten& dairy free diet as it is lol.

Toast for breakfast sandwhiches for lunch. And a proper meal for tea. And when i work evenings i do 4 evenings a week 4-10.30 i get a 20 min break so end up with a quick sandwhich for tea lol xxxx

• Posted

Hi

I only use soya and almond milk in my breakfast cereals. Not drinking a glass full. We have A2 milk with is lactose free in Australia. This might give you the real taste of milk without the stomach issues.

Hard to avoid bread in modern life...try adding fresh fruit to your diet this might replace some of the bread

Regards 

Tangles

• Posted

Hello.  I have not tried to go gluten free.  Its a good idea.  I have looked up foods that are anti-inflammatory and I'm trying to incorporate them into my diet.  Good luck to you, wishing better health!

• Posted

Lol i am trying it too. Hard work aha thanks thugb good luck to you too z
    • Posted

Strong dose anti-inflammatory over long periods of time will damage your stomach lining. Seek medical advise on this remedy.

Tangles

• Posted

I have acidophilus has helped to protect my stomach when taking a lot of meds
    • Posted

Correct they will help but long term use of anti-inflammatory meds are still not a good thing. Have a chat to your doctor.

Tangles

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.