Any Similar experiences ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been on cit for 7 weeks now, 40 mg for last 3 weeks. I did feel that each week had been an improvement. More appetite, energy, motivation and better mornings. I even felt I might go back to work this week. Even my panic attacks had calmed a little. I tend to be getting about 4 OK days and then a couple hard days. My issue at moment is that I don't seem to be getting more good days and less bad days, plus my anxiety has come back on quite strong. I'm wondering whether anyone has similar experiences and whether it's best to stick with citalopram.. Or when you should consider changing meds. Don't want to really change but just not wanting to continue if it won't get any better. Though I know there are ups and downs and the fact that there have been improvements would suggest the meds are working..any advice ?? 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

stuck with it

u completely being okay after 12 weeks

be patient it's seem it's work but need more time

• Posted

Hi Tim

If it helps any I'm at the same time as you being on my citalopram and I'm getting the same as you, decent days then awful days, and anxiety seems to come on really strong, Iv spoke to someone else on here who has recovered and they have assured me it's all part of the recovery!

Here if you need to talk

Take care

Wendy x

• Posted

Thanks for the feedback, I was in sertraline in the past which seemed to work quicker or at least less up and downs but I had to change to citalopram. Off to see GP today but don't think I'll be changing. I do find it helps to keep busy.. thankful that had minor side effects. I guess I just need reassurance that it's normal, even big dips , which I have read it is but u still question it...

• Posted

Your welcome 😊 Sertraline didn't agree with me that's why they started citalopram, if I was you I wouldn't change now, either, I had really bed side effects, but got through them, I'm on week seven too, I'm on 20mg but I have also read the same but like you when in a big low dip I'm questioning myself too,

I have also found the dips to be bigger, just like you have, and Iv been told that it is normal and part of the recovery but let me you I need reassurance too,

Hope you get on ok at the doctors, I think it's hard as they don't understand sometimes, let me know how you go,

But going by the hundreds of other people it is normal

Wendy x

• Posted

Went see GP and as expected, makes sense stay on citalopram for at least 4 weeks. I am sure I will find it hard not to ask questions in the meantime. Also I have spoken to a friend who has advised I increase my level of exercise. Apparently exercise can be more effective than the meds...I do exercise but not to the level I have been advised. I will post a new discussion incase the info helps others.. Any way Today has been ok ish, anxious in the morning but manageable, PA at lunchtime and then high anxiety for couple of hours but then it calmed down and evenings are my most relaxing. Mornings aren't too bad for me generally. 

• Posted

That's good that your staying on it, and I think it's only normal to be asking questions and feeling worried, it's quite a tough thing to be going through, Iv also heard that excersise is good too I just need to get motivated, I'm glad your day wasn't too bad, how are you today? Mornings are my worst gets better as day goes on.

Wendy x

• Posted

Hi Wendy. Today has been better. I did do a 15 min intensive exercise this morning though. Maybe that is linked in..though it's also the weekend and I spend time with family so that always helps too.. honestly, with the meds, if it wasn't for people saying the downs are normal I'd be really questioning whether I'd better change. Just the 'downs' don't seem to be getting less and the 'ups' more. Still at least today has been bit better.. how are you ?

• Posted

I know what you mean, with the ups and down, but to be honest before I started the meds I was having mostly down days, with high anxiety, now I'm have some good days with manageable anxiety, but still having really down days! At least I'm having some good days now!

Like today I gutted my kitchen out, and having a clear out, if I was on a drown day I wouldn't have managed that! Like you I have all my kids at home which keeps me busy too,

Keep doing what your doing you will get through this, we both will.

Wendy x

• Posted

Hi, I'm coming on 14 weeks and from last week I'm getting more good days than bad x

• Posted

Sorry Isabel that's not true Iv only been given n them coming up 9 weeks (5weeks @10mg 1 week @15 and 3 weeks @20mg)

• Posted

How are you doing now??
    • Posted

Having up n down days again. Wonder whether it cause I've got a change of routine with being back at work..? Though the anxiety is manageable but frustrating..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.