Any tips on what else to use whilst waiting for vagifem to properly work?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I have been using Estriol then vagifem twice a week since mid September, noticed some improvement but have flare ups from time to time. Am told it can take up to three months to work. Has anyone got any tips for what else I can use in the meantime to help. My main symptoms are urinary pressure and sometimes burning.

Thanks

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there Catherine,

If you started Vagifem by using it twice a week, it might take a very long time to show an effect. My understanding is that you need to use Vagifem once nightly for 14 days and once your system is loaded up, so to speak, then you switch to twice a week. Is that what you did or did you start at twice a week ?

Good luck

• Posted

Also, I've seen women reporting that that Vagifem works well for them if they repeat the 14-day loading once a year and use it twice weekly the rest of the time

• Posted

Hi I have continued using estrace cream twice a week after the 14 day at first. I never switched to the vagifem. Too afraid to stop using what was finally working. My urinary symptoms and burning was so bad at first that I would wake up after only a few hours sleep in the morning shaking from head to toe the pain was so bad. I used pyridium every day for over three weeks and I also was prescribed norco which I cut in half and used for about 18 days. The Norco was the only thing that made my life livable. It cut the burning by 80%. My husband had to insist they give me something for the pain and burning. It really was like the doctors did not have a clue how bad it was. I'm not perfect now but it's only been a bit over a month since I started the Estrace treatment. You might want to look back at some of my conversations , a lot of people gave me so much information

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.