Any updates on success from anyone?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had FS 10 years ago and tried a lot of things but nothing worked and it resolved itslef after about 2+ years.  Well, I have it again now, same side.

I'm researching again in case there's something new to try.  Maybe this Hydrostatic Distension (saline injection in the shoulder) thing?

Anyway, it would be great if this discussion could be continued, it's one of the best I have found amongst the scarce information.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Bad luck for getting it again in the same side - from what I've heard that is rare.  We all know what an awful condition it is.  I'm having Hydrodilatation (also seen spelled as Hydroldilation or called Arthrographic Distension) this afternoon.  I'll report back on my experience and progress on here.  Felling rather nervous at the moment...
    • Posted

Opps - spelling mistake!  It doesn't seem possible to edit your own posts on here.  The guided saline plus cortisone injection seems to have several names/spellings - maybe others too,  Hydrodilation, Hydrodilatation and Arthrographic Distension.  My consultant claims good results for it - so fingers crossed!
    • Posted

Yes I couldn't edit either or even delete and my post was supposed to be a comment on another one, so it's kinda just dangling out there as a non specific post of it's own now. Glad you responded though and I'm really interested to hear how you go.

I was unaware this saline thing also  included cortisone, I'm not keen on using that if possible. I had direct sterod injection the last time and it didn't work, and steroids have their own risks and potential side effects.

Anyway please report back and good luck!

• Posted

Wow! Never heard of that. Have you had this confirmed by consultant and if so did they say why this has happened. So many people on this forum have had such a wide experience and hearing this is not good news for us sufferers. How bad is it and has it come on slowly or was is overnight? I feel I am just seeing the light after 3 years and hearing this is making me edgy. Keep us posted please. 
    • Posted

I don't need to see anybody to confirm it, I've had it before so I know what it is. It came on slowly just like before. First it was just uncomfortable to use one day, and the uncomfortableness grew week by week and turned slowly into pain when I did my regular gym exercises. After maybe 8 weeks I got the excruciating pain from rapid small movements and the range of motion started declining.  It was only about 3 more weeks until I couldn't move my arm more than 30 degrees out from my side and I had the complete frozen shoulder package of pain and immobilisation. 
  • Posted

Oh you poor thing. I am up surfing the net for the simple reason I simply cannot sleep. I have had this condition for six months and feel like I am slowly going mad. I am sick of moaning about it and my poor husband must be sick of listening. I cannot get any sort of help from the Dr or the physio (although the physio tries hard to help me) Ironically the back massage tends to bring some relief as it loosens the knotted muscles and helps with pain............and oh the pain!?

I wish you well - I had no idea before this, what PAIN really was!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.