Any Wet Ones updates out there ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on this forum a couple of times in the past 2 months and I couldn't b happier to know that people still take the time out of their busy day to offer advice share knowledge and support each other through this blepharitis journey ! since I'm spending a lot of time in these days in I decided to scan through and diligently read all posts just to gain a better understanding of daily routines

I was most fascinated with many of the postings on the effectiveness of ( red) Wet Ones I was curious about any recent updates and hopefully people who've had some long term success with them since out of sheer desperation 😩 I too began using them 3 days ago not much to report yet but I do want to b hopeful !! I'd especially love to hear from 3lynda79 since she seems to have "discovered " them and had been so gracious in her willingness to share through her past posts

Thank u to all in the blepharitis community who keep plugging along each day and in some small way give hope to fellow sufferers!!😎

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Keep coming to our site
    • Posted

I try to check each day hoping to learn something new each time! Like most people on here I'm desperate for some relief ! Or at least some morsel of hope! When I find it , it gives me incentive to plug along another dreadful day with blepharitis!😎

• Posted

Dear Terri,

I killed the Blepharitis after having it for about 6 months. The itching drove me crazy. It was actually a friend who used an Avon facial scrub with Benzethonium Chloride in it that she used to kill her Blepharitis.

They stopped making that product with that ingredient so had to look around for what else had it. I had those wipes in the house so I was desperate and gave it a try for over 3 months.

Some people have sensitive skin and can't use them. There is Tea Tree oil that kills staph too. Dena, on this site, says she mixes it with her baby shampoo and has good results.

I was constant with using the wipes each day for just over 3 months. The last couple of months were just twice a day and that was easy to do.

Hope this helps you,

Lynda79

• Posted

Lynda,

Yes sadly I did try the wet ones but they were way too harsh for me and honestly I didn't feel comfortable using them that close to my eye I was however very impressed with your findings and all the people u have helped ! This forum has been a lifesaver for me and I'm sure to most of the people on here! It's because of wonderful people like u who r contributing and sharing their success that many people like me can learn about this horrible disease! I am however going to try the tea tree oil became I have very sensitive skin and hope I reach even half the level of success as u did with the wet ones! Thank u!

Terri😎

• Posted

Terry. I agree w u . This site is the solace for all of us.

I've had good results w 1 drop of baby shampoo plus a drop of tea tree oil. Then i bought Clarinex wipes. They have a smell of chlorox. Don't know yet if they are effective.

Seems like tiny oil channels in our eyelids are blocked by debree and COLD. When we apply warm compress the channels open for the oil to moisturize  eyes and entire lids. This is why I feel much better with 2 compresses a day. Each 15 min. I turn on TV news and,,,, listen. Not that boring !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.