Anybody got Sciatic Nerve damage after Hip Revision??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Oct 2013 I had hip revision which I now have Sciatic nerve damage so painful lost my job and been on disability ever since

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry No, I just had a revision discectomy at

L5/s1 and seem to have s1 nerve symptoms still even after surgery numbness in my last two toes numbness in my calf and weakness gastrocnemeus and soleus muscles. My first surgery was in 2010 I thought at the time up until May 2015 was the best thing I ever did until I herniated my disk in the gym and went to top ortho surgeon in NYU hospital I guess even the best assumed doctors don't do everything right

• Posted

Hi Edwin,  I had second hip replacement Oct 2013 and got Sciatic nerve damage . Also had mri of my back L4 and L5 bulging disc I also had Epidural shot twice which didnt help also have had alot of phyiscal thearpy. Never had surgery on my back have you had back surgery ?? If so did surgery help you

Jackie

• Posted

Hello, yes I did have back surgery 2x first time 100% fine after injured myself again this past May just had a revision surgery same spot l5s1 and 1 week post surgery I have symptoms I never had before surgery numb foot and calf muscle I have a limp doctor says its normal sciatic nerve is healing I feel it's damaged and he doesn't want to tell me yet
    • Posted

Hi Edwin, Yeah I would have nerve test done as soon as you can I know you are recovering that would be my next step. I wasnt referred to neurologist 6 months after my revision surgery . I hope you dont have nerve damage very painful im still in pain 2 yrs after the fact. please let me know what you find out Take care

Jackie

• Posted

hi kackie , what is ,hip revision , i too am suffering from maybe a simular problem , for a few years now , but i dont follow up with the psyio that i should , in fact im only this week ,getting a psyio to come to me , instead of going to them , im hopeing i get some relief , i think all my problem started when i stepped out of a bus , carrying something in both hands i came down hard on my feet , tearing a mussle in my knee , getting back ache and later opp on my knee , not following up properly on excersize , and one leg shorter than other , so lots of pain and all my fault , now i cant sit for long anywhere , pins and needles in my legs , cant get any peace at night , sooo i promice my self i will do as im told from now on , lol hope you too get some help , 
    • Posted

Hello nanna,  Hip revision is total hip replacement my second hip surgery and thats the chance you take when you have surgery is possiable nerve damage I have sciatic nerve damage . You should ask to see neurologist to see if you may have nerve damage maybe also knee xray good luck let me know what you find out.

Take Care

Jackie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.